Lone Wolf

Airehead

• 5 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, LoneWolf said:

That would be me guys.  Still alive and kicking. Haven't been here much lately.

Work has been a bit busy. I also started dating a bit late summer, and after a couple of false starts and such, I started seeing someone in November, which has filled my schedule a lot as well. That's going really well.

Still figuring myself out a lot after a lot of changes, and as I get closer to fifty. Still think about y'all all the time.

Good to get an update. I think of you and wish you well often. 

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

9 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

I tried several apps.  I'd recommend Facebook Dating (I know, sounds yech because of Facebook, but it's free, and I think 40plus people have good chances there); Hinge and Bumble may also be worth your time.  There will probably be a few odd or crazy moments along the way, but patience can be worth it.

I met someone on Bumble (note: on Bumble, women must message first, their primary difference from others). She and I are alike in a lot of ways, more than I honestly thought was possible at this point in life, and she understands emotional loss. I've also never had someone in my life who has been as actively "into me" as a person; that's a very new experience, and a very positive one. While there are a number of things to figure out on the logistics side (we both have pets, live about 25 minutes away give or take a couple with jobs in our respective areas), there's a solid foundation that we're building upon. We even had a little mini-vacation Thanksgiving break in Traverse City, exploring some breweries in that area and just enjoying spending some quality time.

I wish you the best in this, my friend.  Through our experiences, we have experienced loss; but God has shown me that one can discover a life after it. It doesn't diminish what I had; it expands upon it, and has given me wisdom I didn't always have in going forward to be a better "better half".

Wow, Lonewolf!!!  🥰 I am impressed and so glad to read that this is such a positive step in your journey! I am truly very excited for you. What an adventure! 

• Heart 2

11 hours ago, Longjohn said:

It’s good to hear you’re dating. I’m about to try that. Even trimmed my beard. I joined Eharmony  and have been chatting with some nice women. Haven’t asked anyone out yet.

You are well positioned in the market - smart, funny, active, and a guy with a pulse!  

Tinder is where it is at, though!

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2

On 1/24/2022 at 8:52 AM, Razors Edge said:

You are well positioned in the market - smart, funny, active, and a guy with a pulse!  

Tinder is where it is at, though!

Oh, I did that too. I caught a catfish and threw it back because I'm more of a trout kind of guy. :D

• Haha 4

On 1/25/2022 at 10:24 AM, Zealot said:

Back story?

After several match.com email messages and seeing profile photo signed up to meet the guy. Long grey hair limping with a cane..and sucking on a pacifier because he was nervous..saw the guy walking into the restaurant..didn't see the pacifier..and I though poor guy..moving slow..I was sitting solo at a table and OMG he headed toward me...saw the pacifier..and..yeah...it was painful..but strange..a few years ago I got a friend request on facebook..email looked familiar..I checked photos :runcirclsmiley:pacifier dude...:runcirclsmiley:

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

After several match.com email messages and seeing profile photo signed up to meet the guy. Long grey hair limping with a cane..and sucking on a pacifier because he was nervous..saw the guy walking into the restaurant..didn't see the pacifier..and I though poor guy..moving slow..I was sitting solo at a table and OMG he headed toward me...saw the pacifier..and..yeah...it was painful..but strange..a few years ago I got a friend request on facebook..email looked familiar..I checked photos :runcirclsmiley:pacifier dude...:runcirclsmiley:

Oh my!  I’ve never heard of such a thing!  

I honestly cannot imagine dating in this modern world. My wife and I were discussing this recently. I don’t think either of us would attempt it if, God forbid, we found either of ourselves widowed.  

I admire those of you who are doing it! I think it takes a fair amount of courage. 😊 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Zealot said:

I honestly cannot imagine dating in this modern world. My wife and I were discussing this recently. I don’t think either of us would attempt it if, God forbid, we found either of ourselves widowed.  

I admire those of you who are doing it! I think it takes a fair amount of courage. 😊 

I have said that time and again.  I don't think I could/would do it again.  I would just do H&B for the rest of my life I guess?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1