Lone Wolf

Airehead

3 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Last night just before I went to bed I checked my email and I had one from match.com recommending a lady from Greenville, Pa. As soon as I saw her I recognized her as Sue. I have done epic rides with her over the years. She is a friend on Facebook and I still have her number saved in my phone. I messaged her that I was ready to ride whenever she was. When we would ride together she would talk about being a widow and not ready to think about other men. I was happily married and not ready to think about other women. She is one of the hottest women I’ve found. We met when I had signed up for a 35 mile ride because I had to go to work at 2:45 and didn’t have time for the longer rides. She saw the pink paper in my hand and said she was signed up for the 35 mile ride too. She asked if she could ride with me because this was her first organized ride and she wasn’t sure what she was doing. I think we did the fall ride together for three years. I could never talk her into the longer rides. She posts pictures on FB of all her trips to the tropics. I don’t think I could afford her lifestyle but I’ll see if anything comes of this.The one year we rode past her house so I even know where she lives.

That’s cool!!! Good luck!

• Thank You 1

On 1/28/2022 at 7:42 AM, Zealot said:

I honestly cannot imagine dating in this modern world. My wife and I were discussing this recently. I don’t think either of us would attempt it if, God forbid, we found either of ourselves widowed.  

I admire those of you who are doing it! I think it takes a fair amount of courage. 😊 

I met my late wife on Match long ago, so I just kind of went "Well, I don't know women my age range, so...". Most of my friends are younger than I am, some significantly so. :D

I always made sure that anyone I met, the first date we arrived separately and left separately so they would feel safe. If I mentioned a place, it would be one where there were a reasonable amount of people, and could be easygoing. I had a couple that fell through, and several that sort of fell flat on the first date, but I also realized it didn't fall flat because of me (which I'd have thought when I was younger), but because we just didn't click. My first date with GFoLW was reasonable, but not a "sparks flying" kind of date; the kind that makes you go "Let's have a second one and figure out more". The second date...That was an entirely different story. :party:

She had omicron all this week --somehow, I didn't get it despite two days of exposure when she was coming down with it (we're both vaxxed and boosted). But she's negative as of today's test, so that's good.h

Btw, @bikeman564™ if you're still on the East side of the state and know where I can find some of Arbor Brewing's Liquid Vinyl Anthology? I will totally owe you. It's poetry in a glass (and both of us love it).

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/28/2022 at 5:42 AM, bikeman564™ said:

I know a chick who some years ago went oot w/ a guy who received botox injections:blink: He was referred to has botox boy :D

About 5 yrs., before I  met dearie... there was this guy...he had a sports car which I had then realized why they were slung low...so tall women with boobies in low-cut tops and short  skirts would look more alluring.  I thought it was crazy for tiny me, finding it abit more difficult to get out of a low-slung  car.

That would never  be me, except maybe legs fit from cycling, and probably that's why he and I mutually weren't interested.

After life with dearie, alot of guys look  pale to  me..figuratively speaking. (He tanned very well for a blue-eyed white bearded guy.)

• Heart 2

10 minutes ago, LoneWolf said:

Btw, @bikeman564™ if you're still on the East side of the state and know where I can find some of Arbor Brewing's Liquid Vinyl Anthology? I will totally owe you. It's poetry in a glass (and both of us love it).

Yes, I'm still in Trenton. I've never had that beer but its something I'd try. I did a search on Untappd w/in 100 miles of me, three spots show up. Livonia Liquor & Fine Wine (Livonia), Beer Baron (Livonia), Blue Front (Ann Arbor). I've not been to any of these places lol. I'll check around when I get a chance.  Could a local beer store by you order it? 

17 minutes ago, LoneWolf said:

I met my late wife on Match long ago, so I just kind of went "Well, I don't know women my age range, so...". Most of my friends are younger than I am, some significantly so. :D

I always made sure that anyone I met, the first date we arrived separately and left separately so they would feel safe. If I mentioned a place, it would be one where there were a reasonable amount of people, and could be easygoing. I had a couple that fell through, and several that sort of fell flat on the first date, but I also realized it didn't fall flat because of me (which I'd have thought when I was younger), but because we just didn't click. My first date with GFoLW was reasonable, but not a "sparks flying" kind of date; the kind that makes you go "Let's have a second one and figure out more". The second date...That was an entirely different story. :party:

Btw, @bikeman564™

Mrs Z and I met when we were teenagers. We developed a very close friendship that eventually became something more. So, by the time we were ‘dating’ we knew each other pretty well. It’s kinda funny, we both attended a Valentines banquet with separate dates (we were all friends). But during the evening she and I found ourselves flirting tremendously with each other.  It’s all history from there.

So as an adult, specifically an older adult who lives in a world that has changed so much, I don’t think I could enter the dating world. 

And I’ve invested so much into this relationship. I couldn’t do that again. 

But that’s just me.  Truly, I think it’s awesome and inspiring that you can, and that the endeavor is producing rewards!  😊 

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

I tried it probably 17 years ago..when it was pretty much e-harmony and match. Actually..that is where I came up with petitepedal. But didn't  meet anyone that I hit it off with..and definitely a couple of big fails...

Pacifier Dude..Toned and Fit (not in this decade) Recent Photo ( 5 to 10 years earlier) and the guy who showed up at the meet up with his family photo album...

Yup...I do ok on my own..I would like a hiking or biking buddy..but I ain't going there again..been there done that.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 2

I spent the whole day talking with the lady in Pittsburgh. Sue hasn’t got back to me but I see she last signed in in December. A bike ride would be the perfect date with her but it’s the wrong time of year for that. I get along real well with the lady in Pittsburgh. Now that I can see I should drive down there. I haven’t driven at night yet but one appointment I had in the morning it was still darkish and the headlights were bright but I could see past them. With the cataracts all I could see was headlights.

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

57 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

I tried it probably 17 years ago..when it was pretty much e-harmony and match. Actually..that is where I came up with petitepedal. But didn't  meet anyone that I hit it off with..and definitely a couple of big fails...

Pacifier Dude..Toned and Fit (not in this decade) Recent Photo ( 5 to 10 years earlier) and the guy who showed up at the meet up with his family photo album...

Yup...I do ok on my own..I would like a hiking or biking buddy..but I ain't going there again..been there done that.

It gets more  complicated in my opinion, for some women to date for love, when they are older. There are some matters to think of, that one doesn't need to worry much in 20's-30's.

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

Pacifier Dude..Toned and Fit (not in this decade) Recent Photo ( 5 to 10 years earlier)

Did you ever see the movie “The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel”?  There’s a scene in there that reminds me of what you said here. 

Its a great movie. Deals with the many life challenges we face as we age and have to start new things.