Is your Christmas goose ready?

AirwickWithCheese
Go to solution Solved by Airehead,

Seafood and andouille sausage gumbo. I picked the crab last weekend from 15 XL male blue crabs. A pound of large shrimp, cooked in a Cajun style. A pound of andouille sausage cooked on the grill and sliced. A roux cooked down to a color of the Mississippi River. Onion, celery, bell pepper, and okra. Crushed garlic and ground peppers, salt, thyme, oregano, and bay leaves. Stock made with crab and shrimp shells.  Served over rice baked in a loaf pan with butter, salt, peppers, onion, celery, and chicken broth. 

• Heart 3

44 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Seafood and andouille sausage gumbo. I picked the crab last weekend from 15 XL male blue crabs. A pound of large shrimp, cooked in a Cajun style. A pound of andouille sausage cooked on the grill and sliced. A roux cooked down to a color of the Mississippi River. Onion, celery, bell pepper, and okra. Crushed garlic and ground peppers, salt, thyme, oregano, and bay leaves. Stock made with crab and shrimp shells.  Served over rice baked in a loaf pan with butter, salt, peppers, onion, celery, and chicken broth. 

I am not even hungry and I am drooling. A good roux takes more patience than I have. 

• Heart 1