Even the vandals and vigilantes in Texas are stupid

jsharr

6 hours ago, jsharr said:

I just realized the stuff I assumed was shaving cream is probably Great Stuff expanding foam.  I wonder how that will affect the exhaust?

Good catch. If it holds, it should stall out the engine pretty quickly. If it gives way, I wouldn't want to be on that sidewalk when it happens.

Now the story is OOPS, that is not the right truck!  Seems the truck owner was visiting a friend.  So someone who can't spell also can't tell trucks apart and ruined some innocent person's truck.  Police came out and took a report and neighbors are looking for video of the event.

• Sad 2

20 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time!

Or

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!

I liked the first explanation.  That second one claims that making a woman mad is worse than going to hell?  That is an outdated and very sexist saying.  It infers that women when sticking up for themselves is alike to the fires of hell.  Strong women don't act like rugs.  When we speak up, we are "crazy, vindictive, mean, etc."

I understand the story is a messed up one.  I feel for the innocent person that had this happen to them.  Such a shame.  But painting an entire sex as terrifying as the fires of hell is a little much, ya think?

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

I liked the first explanation.  That second one claims that making a woman mad is worse than going to hell?  That is an outdated and very sexist saying.  It infers that women when sticking up for themselves is alike to the fires of hell.  Strong women don't act like rugs.  When we speak up, we are "crazy, vindictive, mean, etc."

I understand the story is a messed up one.  I feel for the innocent person that had this happen to them.  Such a shame.  But painting an entire sex as terrifying as the fires of hell is a little much, ya think?

Yes and no.  I honestly hope and feel that the world would be a better place if MORE women didn't take the normal level of crap they take daily.  Sure, a woman sticking up for herself may be seen as "crazy, vindictive, mean, etc." in the past or currently, but if enough women start pushing back on crap that is unacceptable, that "crazy" may soon be seen to be similar to a guy's "normal" reaction.  So, yeah, the saying might be a bit archaic, but really, if more guys got their trucks painted for being dickheads to women, maybe the world would realize women aren't doormats and there will be a price to pay for being a dick. Bring the fury and don't pretend or hide that it can't be quite fierce. 

15 hours ago, jsharr said:

Now the story is OOPS, that is not the right truck!  Seems the truck owner was visiting a friend.  So someone who can't spell also can't tell trucks apart and ruined some innocent person's truck.  Police came out and took a report and neighbors are looking for video of the event.

Actually the truck isn’t ruined. I’m sure a body shop would charge plenty to remove the spray paint and insurance will cover it but it would probably come off with a rag soaked in mineral spirits without damaging the original paint. Spray paint from a rattle-can  is snot very stable.

On 12/28/2021 at 9:01 AM, Razors Edge said:

Yes and no.  I honestly hope and feel that the world would be a better place if MORE women didn't take the normal level of crap they take daily.  Sure, a woman sticking up for herself may be seen as "crazy, vindictive, mean, etc." in the past or currently, but if enough women start pushing back on crap that is unacceptable, that "crazy" may soon be seen to be similar to a guy's "normal" reaction.  So, yeah, the saying might be a bit archaic, but really, if more guys got their trucks painted for being dickheads to women, maybe the world would realize women aren't doormats and there will be a price to pay for being a dick. Bring the fury and don't pretend or hide that it can't be quite fierce. 

It was only written in the 1600's so I doubt it is outdated.  Also, if it were patently false, would it still be in use? :) 

18 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Actually the truck isn’t ruined. I’m sure a body shop would charge plenty to remove the spray paint and insurance will cover it but it would probably come off with a rag soaked in mineral spirits without damaging the original paint. Spray paint from a rattle-can  is snot very stable.

Yeah - folks regularly "clean" graffiti off things like road signs.  Probably not too difficult on a modern car's paint job?

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Yeah - folks regularly "clean" graffiti off things like road signs.  Probably not too difficult on a modern car's paint job?

They also sell graffiti remover in a spray can. I don’t know if that would affect the cars paint. I would test it inside the trunk or door area before I sprayed it on the body. It works good on removing graffiti from a giant rock in a local park. About graduation time it always gets painted by the class graduating.

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

Spray foam in the exhaust and fuel I think.  Going to take a lot of work to make it as it was.  I realize that spray paint would not ruin a truck but not sure what spray foam does to the fuel.

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Spray foam in the exhaust and fuel I think.  Going to take a lot of work to make it as it was.  I realize that spray paint would not ruin a truck but not sure what spray foam does to the fuel.

Yep.  The fuel/fuel tank is the main concern.  I imagine the exhaust pipe might be cleared without the need for replacing it.

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

Yep.  The fuel/fuel tank is the main concern.  I imagine the exhaust pipe might be cleared without the need for replacing it.

I didn’t notice that wasn’t a locking gas cap. It’s been so many years since I drove anything without a locking cap. I thought everything had locking gas caps these days. They might want to remove that filler pipe and clean it out before driving that truck.