Time for the Cake Eater's

Zipp2001

Now this was a great way to end a four-day holiday weekend. Put the Terrene Cake Eater Studded Tires on the bike the day before, because of all the freezing rain we've had. Went out to a trail network that I visited for the first time a little over a month ago. Did plenty of climbing and just had such a fun time, and looking forward to having a great winter trail riding season. 

• Awesome 2

Ha! I love the "hill is killing me" part.  :D  Extra clothes, denser air, and probably heavier tires make it quite a challenge - winter vs summer.

I can't justify studded tires - not much snow usually - but maybe I ought to say WTF and get some anyway for those rare snow days where they would make sense. :scratchhead:

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Ha! I love the "hill is killing me" part.  :D  Extra clothes, denser air, and probably heavier tires make it quite a challenge - winter vs summer.

I can't justify studded tires - not much snow usually - but maybe I ought to say WTF and get some anyway for those rare snow days where they would make sense. :scratchhead:

We tend to get a very good amount of snow and I'll looking forward to riding the groomed trails once we finally get a good dropping or two of snow. Right now, we keep getting a light couple inches of snow then followed up with freezing rain. The fun part is once the lake freezes over, I can cut across it for fun. 

• Awesome 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Hills never seem to look on camera as steep as they are. I’ve taken pictures of killer hills that I ride and they don’t look bad at all in the picture.

I work in the fourth hilliest city in the US and have plenty of video with climbs with grades of over 20%. The video never makes them look as steep as they are. I had one forum member question a hill I did at 28% max section. He lived about 2 hours away, so I told him to visit the climb sometime. About a month later he responded that he did go do the climb and the unit he uses to measure the steepness had a max of 29%. 

• Haha 1