I keep waiting for anvils to fall from the sky…

groupw

4 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

Thinking positive thoughts for you!  Howz' the new job so far?

It’s going well! The temporary team I am on likes my work and wants to keep me! 

We got the contract back from them signed with a couple tweaks we made, but checked with them before they were made. 
This morning, a tree service was at the door. They were checking a couple trees that definitely need to come down. Appears the new owner is ready to get started!

• Heart 3

3 hours ago, Road Runner said:

Wile E. still buys all his anvils from Acme.  Plenty of stock available and reasonably priced.  The pandemic has reduced the demand for anvils but the shipping cost is a bitch.

I miss David Hobbs on the old American F1 broadcast team. A couple times drivers who had hard luck getting that first win would appear to be in complete control of a race near the end. Hobbs would say he was waiting for anvils to fall from the sky. Obvious Wile E Coyote reference that we enjoyed. Also if someone was following another car but couldn’t get past, the following driver was “on him like a cheap suit!”  

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Road Runner said:

Wile E. still buys all his anvils from Acme.  Plenty of stock available and reasonably priced.  The pandemic has reduced the demand for anvils but the shipping cost is a bitch.

Yeah, but those ACME anvils are what those in the trade refer to as ASOs (Anvil shaped objects)

• Haha 1