Jump to content

How's the weather in the NW???


Bikeguy
 Share

Recommended Posts

@Dottles   From what I've seen... it's been cold (well below normal) and snowy in your area.   My niece lives in Seattle, and she got snow before we did this year.   

Maybe... Tuesday or Wednesday it will snow here.  I may get to use my JD tractor and it's snow plow if we get the 3" of snow (and it doesn't melt) that's predicted.   It was 56 the other day here.  About 20 degrees warmer than normal.  Still no snow here.  That's more than 1 month behind schedule for us. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

@Dottles   From what I've seen... it's been cold (well below normal) and snowy in your area.   My niece lives in Seattle, and she got snow before we did this year.   

Maybe... Tuesday or Wednesday it will snow here.  I may get to use my JD tractor and it's snow plow if we get the 3" of snow (and it doesn't melt) that's predicted.   It was 56 the other day here.  About 20 degrees warmer than normal.  Still no snow here.  That's more than 1 month behind schedule for us. 

Well I live about 85 north of Seattle and the forecast here is subfreezing all week.  We had a foot of snow since Christmas day and we've got another 'event' scheduled for Wednesday/Thursday.  I've heard Bellingham will go above freezing this weekend but then we're supposed to sink right back in.  Locals say they haven't seen it this bad and they've been here 30 years.  I'm thinking -- yeah, right -- they said the same thing last February.  I have no personal experience but I can tell you it's 12 degrees now.  The wind here this week in Whatcom County is devastating.  It comes straight out of the Fraser Valley.  Fortunately it doesn't happen a lot -- but when it does -- it's not messing around. Our home was howling all night and snow and ice literally was blowing in through the crevice of the door.

I blame the Canadians.  @Wilbur knows I have some ground to stand on with that statement.

 

Anyway, I heard the Midwest had an unusual streak of warm weather.  I blame the Canadians for that too.  I hope you are ok over there.  My wife and I agree that the Windy City is no place we want to be.  Freezing cold with bone chilling 60 mph wind gusts sucks.

  • Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In Central Maryland we've been dodging colder weather north, south, and west but a lot of rain has come with it.

I drove home from our Christmas dinner in very heavy rain, though kids had been playing outside during the day needing no coats.  Shopped for a few groceries Monday and drove home with the wipers on the "fast" setting - colder outside but not freezing.

Our temperature outlook is great and unusually warm for the rest of the week, cooling down next Sunday night. The last column is chance of precipitation.

image.thumb.png.2a9d21e32904d2804180aa964ec654a5.png 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Dottles said:

My wife and I agree that the Windy City is no place we want to be.  Freezing cold with bone chilling 60 mph wind gusts sucks.

Yeah it can get cold here.  Then again, I lived in Milwaukee for 4 years during college.  That place was always about 5 degrees colder, and more often than not, they have more wind.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Dottles said:

Well I live about 85 north of Seattle and the forecast here is subfreezing all week.  We had a foot of snow since Christmas day and we've got another 'event' scheduled for Wednesday/Thursday.  I've heard Bellingham will go above freezing this weekend but then we're supposed to sink right back in.  Locals say they haven't seen it this bad and they've been here 30 years.  I'm thinking -- yeah, right -- they said the same thing last February.  I have no personal experience but I can tell you it's 12 degrees now.  The wind here this week in Whatcom County is devastating.  It comes straight out of the Fraser Valley.  Fortunately it doesn't happen a lot -- but when it does -- it's not messing around. Our home was howling all night and snow and ice literally was blowing in through the crevice of the door.

Sounds great. Awesome to hear you are getting some nice weather over the holidays.  Best time of the year, eh?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Meanwhile, my mothers retirement home is delivering meals to their suites because the main dining hall does not have the capacity to keep it warm. 

What are they going to do for socializing?  Crap.  Come to think of it -- what the heck am I doing for socializing?  Perhaps i should move into your mother's retirement home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Dottles said:

We had record breaking heat, record breaking cold, and a series of Pineapple Express storms causing major flooding. We get one or two of those a year typically but this year we have had 5. And we just started the winter. Joy. 

Just think of the possibilities...   a pineapple express when it is 10 degrees.   How many blizzards (not the DQ kind, the snowy kind)  have you had in your area?    

Our last bad blizzard was in 2011.  https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-blizzard-2011-snowmageddon-biggest-snowstorms-winter-storm/10139546/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...