Cowabunga!

Dirtyhip

17 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Well...I did 2 treadmill sessions for 70 minutes yesterday...but then..I am old..and we had ice on top of our snow..so inside was just fine.

If I lived outside the big city...I would be outside too.

You are killing it.  I think I skiid for a couple hours.  This included one fall, which adds about 15 minutes.  ;)  At one point I wondered how long I would be scrambling on the ground, before a neighbor called 911.  :D

There is no way I could do 70 minutes of running on a treadmill.  I also bet you could outbench me with weights.  

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

There is no way I could do 70 minutes of running on a treadmill.  

I couldn't run for 70 minutes either :P

I am walking..between 3.2 and 3.4 mph and just recently started upping my incline between my normal 1.5 to 3.5...and that will be going up as my fitness level grows.

Wish you could do a workout session with my trainer..I am sure you would rock it! :cheerleader:

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Yes.  All I tend to ski is pow days and like non-groomed stuff. 

They look fun. My GF and I skied Sunday. The trail had not been groomed in a while and was completely drifted over. I carved a trail following the sticks in the snow. It's slow going.

It made me want some touring skis. 

13 minutes ago, denniS said:

They look fun. My GF and I skied Sunday. The trail had not been groomed in a while and was completely drifted over. I carved a trail following the sticks in the snow. It's slow going.

It made me want some touring skis. 

Thank you. Thank you for vindicating me in my choice of skiis.

Well, one of my "friends" said my skiis are stupid, and this is why I can barely turn.  

I think I need new "friends."  My skiis are cool and they are what I got.  They do work well for this stuff...<looking at my powdery ungroomed backyard>.

They are terrible for groomed or flat terrain with barely a skiff.  You are working hard.  This is why I am doing this, so fine. 

:D

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, denniS said:

My GF. She was watching me wax my skis and grabbed the iron and wax out of my hand and said you're going to scratch the skis. I'm a bull in a china shop ski waxer. 

Good plan. I never thought of that. Waxing your skis is all part of the process but if somebody would have volunteered to do mine I would have let them.

8 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Good plan. I never thought of that. Waxing your skis is all part of the process but if somebody would have volunteered to do mine I would have let them.

Mine had not been waxed in a while. Hers were just waxed. When we started I could not glide, I just stuck to the snow. We walked back to her place and waxed mine and all was good. She did let me scrape the wax off the ski. It's okay to be rough and clumsy here.