TikTok!

Razors Edge

On 12/28/2021 at 12:11 PM, Road Runner said:

I am really old.  I still like going on forums.  

Apparently reddit is sort of forum-like but it is too odd for this old guy.  I love the forum format so I hope forums live a nice long life.  Asynchronous or synchronous conversations that can be searched ages later - what's snot to like!?  I guess I can see the attraction of a Facebook timeline type thing, but it just seems a little too creepy. So how is Tik Tok really different than U-tube? Why did Vines burn oot?  It was short videos, right?

Apparently Vine was fairly similar to Tik Tok but Twitter sort of killed it off.

I just checked the Wikipedia entry for reddit and I didn't realize it was that popular.  I just mention it because it seems somewhat forum-like.  Balkanization looks bad there - the beauty of the cafe is it is one size fits all.  Also, Wikipedia is an amazing web app to me - so *&%$ big!

12 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

...is apparently more popular than GOOGLE?!?!?!  Holy SCHNIZZLE!!!! I never even understood Facebook as a rival to Google, but damned if I really don't understand TikTok as more visited.

Maybe it's younger generations pumping up the play numbers. Pandemic is pushing more bored/cooped up kids to play around on the 'net.