Found a jacket...

petitepedal

One of my eye doctor appointments I was finished and put on a jacket and was walking up the sidewalk towards my brother’s truck and noticed the sleeves were way short. I went back and found one on the other end of the coat rack that fit perfectly. The blind people that I’ve known get around so well. I don’t know how they do it.

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

A quilted puffer jacket in a color called black cherry....I settled for "ok" not awesome style..puffers are not most flattering ...but it will work for now.

My attitude is that a jacket’s job is to keep you warm. That’s what I want when I buy a jacket. I don’t really care how I look. How many ways can you polish a turd? Ya know? But that’s just me.

• Haha 2

On 12/28/2021 at 4:17 PM, Longjohn said:

One of my eye doctor appointments I was finished and put on a jacket and was walking up the sidewalk towards my brother’s truck and noticed the sleeves were way short. I went back and found one on the other end of the coat rack that fit perfectly. The blind people that I’ve known get around so well. I don’t know how they do it.

Oh magoo, you’ve done it again. 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, petitepedal said:

:cheerleader:Not world class..but $70 on sale and should be good for a couple of years..I struggle with sleeve length..found one I liked a bit better only $120...but the sleeves  were  long...very few companies make petite jackets..so I have to watch the sleeve design :wacko: and hope for the best.

Even at 6'3", a couple of the jackets I got have sleeves too long - you'd think the makers would want to save on material.  One is a $6.97 windbreaker with no lining that I love because it's light and comfortable if it's in the 50's and windy or damp.  But, I wouldn't wear it if I had to do handle anything complicated.

One time the forge bought Lands End jackets for all their employees. The CEO was passing them out as I was coming into work. He asked me what color jacket I wanted and I told him it doesn’t matter because it won’t fit anyway. He said it will fit, he ordered them all in extra tall size. I laughed and thought it was a funny comment. The next day I noticed all the little guys coming in to work wearing their new jackets and their hands were up inside their sleeves.