LED bulbs are one of the greatest inventions of my lifetime

Road Runner

On 12/29/2021 at 9:51 PM, Bikeguy said:

OK... I'll admit... we we drive somewhere..  every now and then...  I 'see' issues on a power line and I want to call in the problem, before the power would go off to those customers.

Just a few nights ago, we had rain and thunderstorms here.  We lost power for a breaker or recloser that operated.  When there was 2 operations in a row... I got worried.  But the power restored.  

I called many moons  ago aboot dead trees leaning on the power lines but the electric company does not GAS. So soon it looks like the trees will bring down the lines and a pole with streetlight. Shouldn’t they GAS?  :scratchhead:  It Shirley seems easier and cheaper to remove the trees before they bring down lines and poles. I got notice that my report has been received and acted upon, but it sure seems to me that they just flushed it. 

5 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

I called many moons  ago aboot dead trees leaning on the power lines but the electric company does not GAS. So soon it looks like the trees will bring down the lines and a pole with streetlight. Shouldn’t they GAS?  :scratchhead:  It Shirley seems easier and cheaper to remove the trees before they bring down lines and poles. I got notice that my report has been received and acted upon, but it sure seems to me that they just flushed it. 

:(

They should GAS. 

My guess...  the electric utility sent the report to their contractor that does tree trimming/removal and they had sooooo much to do and it's still in the huge stack of things to do, but... the tree will probably fall over before they get there.  :(   Yeah it's cheaper to cut down the tree before it causes damage.    

That's one problem about using subcontractors, the utility relies on the subcontractor, and then the subcontractor is overwhelmed, doesn't have the same priorities, or they don't GAS.  

You shouldn't have to but...  you can probably post the tree with pictures to the utility's social media account and explain to the world that this problem reported weeks ago is still not resolved.  You know... the 'squeaky wheel' theory  it does still work. 

• Thank You 1

On 12/31/2021 at 9:54 AM, Bikeguy said:

:(

They should GAS. 

My guess...  the electric utility sent the report to their contractor that does tree trimming/removal and they had sooooo much to do and it's still in the huge stack of things to do, but... the tree will probably fall over before they get there.  :(   Yeah it's cheaper to cut down the tree before it causes damage.    

That's one problem about using subcontractors, the utility relies on the subcontractor, and then the subcontractor is overwhelmed, doesn't have the same priorities, or they don't GAS.  

You shouldn't have to but...  you can probably post the tree with pictures to the utility's social media account and explain to the world that this problem reported weeks ago is still not resolved.  You know... the 'squeaky wheel' theory  it does still work. 

Yeah, this was well before the tornado that came through a month or so ago, before the tree guys were swamped.  The township says it is the landowner's responsibility but elephino who the landowner is! 

You would hope that the subcontractor would only get paid when they do stuff so it should be money to them so they would have some motivation.