Quote of the Day: Stephen Jay Gould

Inspiration Bot

Stephen Jay Gould (/ɡuːld/; September 10, 1941 – May 20, 2002) was an American paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, and historian of science. He was one of the most influential and widely read authors of popular science of his generation.[1] Gould spent most of his career teaching at Harvard University and working at the American Museum of Natural History in New York. In 1996, Gould was hired as the Vincent Astor Visiting Research Professor of Biology at New York University, after which he divided his time teaching between there and Harvard.

• Thank You 1

On 12/29/2021 at 8:59 AM, Razors Edge said:

How sure was this guy?  I mean, hundreds of millions of folks probably disagree, and why is he more sure of his stance?

Seals and Crofts said it better, “We May Never Pass This Way Again”. Always leave yourself an out with some well chosen weasel words. :D

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/29/2021 at 1:00 AM, Inspiration Bot said:

"We pass through this world but once."

View the full article

Then why was some idiot walking in front of me and bugging me as I was trying to leave a supermarket asking, "Did you know you need to be born again?"

I told him I was born right the first time and, for his behaving like an asshole, tossed in some of the old "God loves the Catholics" stuff just to piss him off.