When did you first try / drink coffee?

Square Wheels

I think when I was a kid I tried it first. My parents never let us have in general, but when I was about 11 or 12 maybe, they let us try an experiment. They let us have sweetened coffee that we stirred with a candy cane to make peppermint coffee. We loved it....problem is that we'd stir it soooo long trying to get more of the candy cane to melt, it would be cold by the time we drank it.

wow, starting a coffee thread just so you can point out that you don't drink it.  Attention Whore Much?

I may start a "when was the first time you never watched TV" thread to point out I do not even own one.

Oh, here is a winky emoticon so you know I am kidding.   ;)  :P

wow, starting a coffee thread just so you can point out that you don't drink it.  Attention Whore Much?

I may start a "when was the first time you never watched TV" thread to point out I do not even own one.

Oh, here is a winky emoticon so you know I am kidding.   ;)  :P

I'd have thought you'd have gone for "when's the first time you had sex with someone besides your hand?". 

• Heart 1

When I was very young, I reached up to the table where my mom and a friend were sitting and visiting over cups of coffee.  I tipped a saucer, and a cup of scalding hot coffee poured over my neck and chest, resulting in second degree burns.  

When I was very young, I reached up to the table where my mom and a friend were sitting and visiting over cups of coffee.  I tipped a saucer, and a cup of scalding hot coffee poured over my neck and chest, resulting in second degree burns.  

I have a red area on my forearm where I was running through the house when I was about 5.  Ran into my sister and her cigarette buried into my arm.....good god that hurt.

Is that what you call trying coffee?

I think when I was a kid I tried it first. My parents never let us have in general, but when I was about 11 or 12 maybe, they let us try an experiment. They let us have sweetened coffee that we stirred with a candy cane to make peppermint coffee. We loved it....problem is that we'd stir it soooo long trying to get more of the candy cane to melt, it would be cold by the time we drank it.

It was weird, but back in my day (childhood days), coffee was reserved for the adults.  But we were allowed to drink all the iced tea we wanted, and for me at least, the caffeine in a glass of tea has a bigger impact than a cup of coffee.   :wacko:  :frantics:

• Heart 1

It was weird, but back in my day (childhood days), coffee was reserved for the adults.  But we were allowed to drink all the iced tea we wanted, and for me at least, the caffeine in a glass of tea has a bigger impact than a cup of coffee.   :wacko:  :frantics:

Good point. We drank iced tea daily too.

I was 16 or maybe 17, tired, and had to deliver a car somewhere. I tried a cup (a sip of it) and dumped the rest. It wasn't what I expected, but my dad made it so maybe that was the problem with it. I didn't try coffee again until about 7 years later. I've had too much this morning!  :frantics: