Have you reached Turkey overload yet?

Wilbur

Leftover turkey went in the freezer after Thanksgiving. I have four pints of turkey broth so we will be having soup in January. I made seafood Gumbo for Christmas. One quart and some rice are leftover in the fridge. NYE will be Peking Duck takeout. NYD is soup and bread. I’m making posole and chicken lentil soups. Crusty baguettes again. 

• Thank You 1

We do Turkey for Thanksgiving and usually ham for Christmas and Easter and steamed crabs and grilled dogs, etc. for summer pool parties on the 4th of July, etc.

This year, our large 12-14 people Christmas party has been delayed until Jan. 8th because my brother's BiL caught Omicron COVID.

So I cooked a lasagna for a 5-person Christmas gathering and have two bricks of it left and am almost tired of it - I'm freezing one for later.

I'm making golabki (Polish stuffed cabbage) for the big party, about 25-28 piggies, where a ham will also be baked plus plenty of sides and desserts.  Everyone there has a Polish-American mother or grandmother. I doubt if there will be any leftovers.

• Awesome 1

7 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Haven’t heard much out of Istanbul or Izmir so no, I’m good. 

What???? Head in the sand again???

The currency is plummeting again after a brief stabilization!  I'd say it was a good time to visit (bang-for-your-buck) but Omicron is making that a mess, and a crazed lunatic running the country doesn't help either.

29 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

What???? Head in the sand again???

The currency is plummeting again after a brief stabilization!  I'd say it was a good time to visit (bang-for-your-buck) but Omicron is making that a mess, and a crazed lunatic running the country doesn't help either.

I figured the military stepped in again.