Wth is this horribly garbled and fuzzy dandelion 'like' substitute all about?

Randomguy

Just now, Razors Edge said:

Just send SW a better PNG file and call it a win!

I know I am being harsh, but the regular like was not broken and was best for most situations, unlike the ill-defined borders of the sun/mush/flower/yellow poo ball that is appropriate for very few situations. 

I don't like to click on things so ill-defined, I am not an animal!

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/30/2021 at 9:33 AM, Randomguy said:

I know I am being harsh, but the regular like was not broken and was best for most situations, unlike the ill-defined borders of the sun/mush/flower/yellow poo ball that is appropriate for very few situations. 

I don't like to click on things so ill-defined, I am not an animal!

You just may be more Seinfeld-picky than Jerry was! :D

• Heart 1

The yellow flower was designed as a "thanks" because we didn't have one of those before. Some people asked for it, and SW made it happen.  It looks like in one of the upgrades the order of the responses changed, which could explain why I've given some wacky responses to people lately.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Kirby said:

The yellow flower was designed as a "thanks" because we didn't have one of those before. Some people asked for it, and SW made it happen.  It looks like in one of the upgrades the order of the responses changed, which could explain why I've given some wacky responses to people lately.

I am sure that it has its place, but shouldn’t be the default or emblematic symbol for the likes or different options.  There was a lot right with the regular like being the default, as it was the most useful by far.   

• Heart 2
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

You whine, a lot.

Stating the obvious is not whining, though.

Were the people in Flint whining about their drinking water?  Were the people of Pompeii whining about volcanic activity?  This fuzzy yellow thing (whatever it is) could be the death of us all!

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Airehead said:

I,do enjoy that order has been restored. 

Now I see that a lot of what was confusing me is that the like icon placeholder for reactions is low key and gray whereas the flower was full color and bright, which is normally how a reaction icon would look when selected.

• Heart 1