So, did I tell you about the time…

MoseySusan

I said StD should stay in PHX at Christmas because her husband tested positive for Covid? 
Well, then mr. and she decided it would be a better idea to come anyway instead of waiting until their next break from school, which would be President’s Day in January. 
So, they came for Christmas. StD drove from PHX, and the grandkids flew from Arkansas where they’d been visiting with their dad’s largely unmasked and unvaccinated family. Then Granddaughter felt crappy and tested positive on Monday. They drove back home Tuesday. 
So, now we all have Covid, including my niece who is visiting from Seattle and tested negative before she came. 
I cannot attribute this spread 100% to StD’s visit. We could have picked it up any number of places. 

• Sad 13
  • Hugs 3

18 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

.Need anything?

At this point, we’re good. 

26 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Chicken noodle soup, mac and cheese, hot tea or cider or cocoa.

I made granddaughter some Mac and cheese and oven fried chicken tenders for dinner Monday night. And we got her a boba tea. She felt pretty bad about getting sick. 

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 2

33 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

I said StD should stay in PHX at Christmas because her husband tested positive for Covid? 
Well, then mr. and she decided it would be a better idea to come anyway

So, Mr StD tests positive for COVID and still comes to visit?  :scratchhead:  Huh?  How does that work? No 10 day (or 5 day) isolation? No RapidTest to see if he and/or she are still contagious? Like, really, how does he get to come over? This sounds totally nuts.  

Man, it's horrible that all of you are sick now.  Get well ASAP and take it easy until then.

12 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

So, Mr StD tests positive for COVID and still comes to visit

No. My spouse (called mr.) and his daughter (called StD) decided she should still visit even though she was a close contact of her own husband’s positive Covid infection. 

• Sad 1

very sorry to hear that - hope you feel better.

We are likely in the same boat... we met my sister's family for lunch on Monday, and the next day my nephew tested positive.  The kids basically sat next to him for two hours.  

For some time now it has looked like a question of when we get this, not if.  Maybe better to just get it over with.

Lucky for me, home is where I want to be most of the time, even New Year's Eve.

The rates in highly-vaccinated Maryland are soaring way above the previous high and hospitalizations - though they're mostly Delta and the un-vaxxed - are at a new high.

Fortunately ICU beds and deaths are still relatively low - surely due to vaccinations.

When my neighbor broke her hip last week, there wasn't an available bed within a 30 min. drive in the Baltimore - Annapolis Area and she ended up at the Shock Trauma section of University of MD hospital - usually reserved for life-threatening situations.

image.thumb.png.2b957ebb1ebc367f16e452b90c8c5721.png

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

For some time now it has looked like a question of when we get this, not if.  Maybe better to just get it over with

I agree. I’m pretty sure my granddaughter brought it from Arkansas, but there’s no telling. We could have caught it at church Christmas Eve. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, 12string said:

I was wondering if there was something wrong with me for thinking that as I read the OP.

I thought the same thing but my mind also went back decades (mid 70's) when I lived in Daytona Beach. During college break week the Health Department had the initiative to stop the transmission of STD. They passed out frisbees with STD info printed on them. They were very popular and we would take them down to the beach, crowed with college spring breakers, and play "catch STD". :hapydance:

• Haha 2