So my wife quit her job

Parr8hed

BuffCarla has a love hate relationship with her jobs. She’s a workaholic, and loves to do a good job, but allows her employers to pile on unrealistic amounts of work and gets overwhelmed and works a lot of unpaid overtime. 
Hope your wife can find the right balance. Maybe hibernate for a few months. 

• Thank You 1
  • Hugs 1

41 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Last week.  She already has had several interviews and at least 2 offers.  Neither of which she will probably accept.  

There are two jobs out there that seem pretty promising.  Decent pay and titles, etc.  

Bean counters ruined her old job.  Bean counters, and people who don't know how to treat their employees anymore.  Insurance, numbers, dollars and bean counters are KILLING medicine as we know it.  I am awfully glad that I am on the downhill side of my career.  

Medicine for profit is sort of unique to the US.  

• Thank You 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Airehead said:

@Parr8hed, did they try to get her to stay?

Her immediate supervisor, the COO of Indiana did not.  I think he wants a "yes man" in her spot.  He is running this Indiana company into the ground.  Nobody else (from corporates or Indiana) knows yet.  I think the dickwad is keeping it a secret so nobody tries to talk her into staying.  He want's a pushover that won't stand up for their nurses and just does what he says.

• Sad 2

WoJSTL retired from nursing earlier than she wanted due to bad management. It seemed that they were actively trying to get rid of the older experienced nurses who made more money than new nurses. Or at least it worked out that way as most of the older nurses retired early. After that the middle management nurses all found different jobs as the place was going to hell.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

Wishing Jen a good search. Great time to be a nurse. I feel bad for all the folks she cared for both team members and patients. 

This has been my year of medical stuff all year long. Medical people have been moving around more than I have ever seen. It’s kind of nice that they can quit an employer they don’t really like and not have to worry about finding another job. From hospice people to PCPs I have seen medical workers moving around trying to find their right position.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Speaking of bean counters, my accountant SiL has moved between several jobs since she went to U. of MD evening college and got her degree a decade ago - she's lucky CPA's who can set up Excel spreadsheets handle payroll, etc. are in high demand.

Employers, during a business downturn, would want her to play unethical games to minimize FICA contributions, profits, etc. on-the-books and she wouldn't do it.  She's been working for an honest, property management company since just before the pandemic began and has been lucky: most weeks she only has to go in on Wednesdays and works from home the other days.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1