Site co-owner

Square Wheels

I would consider it, but my overall health is probably worse than yours.  We need a young(er) person who isn't likely to go anywhere anytime soon. 

BTW, I have read about lots of people who have severe, even disabling strokes, but recover and live long and full lives afterwards.  Hopefully, your doctors will be able to reassure you and guide you to a very long and healthy future.  :) 

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

BTW, I have read about lots of people who have severe, even disabling strokes, but recover and live long and full lives afterwards.  Hopefully, your doctors will be able to reassure you and guide you to a long and healthy future.  :) 

I suspect this will be the case, I'm not worried.  If the worst happens, I'll be dead and unable to worry.

If I am dead, this site will die quickly once the bills are not paid.  It could be moved to a new server, and people could chip in a couple dollars a month and it could go on.

• Heart 1

You're probably going to tell me that the next time we play golf it would be improper to ask what your stroke penalty is eh?

I agree that someone younger that many of us should be better for the job.

How about RFW.  She might like a site of her own and we already know her and would probably like expanding in directions she might want to take it.  Certainly we are not opposed to doing things besides bicycles.

• Awesome 1

On 12/31/2021 at 8:44 AM, Square Wheels said:

It's not as simple as giving you a password or two, this site is run from my server which has three sites.  It also has the domain registered somewhere else.  Things would need to be untangled.  All doable, but it needs to be planned.

Sorry to hear this :( prayers & vibes sent.

Regarding the site. I can't imagine it being simple, but could you elaborate a bit more on that statement? Thanks.

• Awesome 2

On 12/31/2021 at 10:05 AM, SamWithCheese said:

@bikeman564™ is the answer. 

He will work hand in hand with you now and then slowly take as much of the responsibilities you need over the next 3 decades. 

We could meet at the Massachusetts compound and Skull and Bones this thing properly.   :nodhead:

that's what it would take.

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1

On 12/31/2021 at 11:04 AM, Square Wheels said:

@bikeman564™, as a spry young chap, you're a good choice.  Are you in?  I think one other would be good.  @Zephyr?

Once we have a couple of suckers volunteers, I'll set up a section for you with the key details.

Yes, @Redfacedwalrus is a life saver.

I'll go in w/ someone else. I'm being completely honest, I don't know how to run this place.

• Thank You 1
  • Hugs 1

2 hours ago, Road Runner said:

Yes, but it won't be necessary.  No need to worry.  Square Wheels will be here for many years to come.  

2 hours ago, Road Runner said:

Yes, but it won't be necessary.  No need to worry.  Square Wheels will be here for many years to come.  

Probably, but I'm claiming his stuff 

7 hours ago, jsharr said:

I have the skills to do this, or know people who do and would be willing to help.

4 hours ago, jsharr said:

I won’t be in charge.  Willing to help though

I do too but honestly I do this kind of stuff daily and I need to find ways to lessen it rather than piling more on. As I do now, I would be glad to financially contribute to this site but the day to day ops?  Fohgettaboutit.

• Thank You 1
  • Sad 1