2 weeks! It’s getting real!

groupw

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Very nice.  You will be a lot closer.  Maybe someday, we can catch a ride together.  

We do plan on touring the West coast and PNW when the tourists settle down a bit. That would be great! 
I’m not a schralper, yet, but I do plan on getting a MTB when we get down there. I’m hearing about a lot of singletrack down there so I think it’s going to be a must!

• Heart 1

42 minutes ago, groupw said:

We do plan on touring the West coast and PNW when the tourists settle down a bit. That would be great! 
I’m not a schralper, yet, but I do plan on getting a MTB when we get down there. I’m hearing about a lot of singletrack down there so I think it’s going to be a must!

Yup, we have a ton of single track at a variety of elevations and skill levels, so you can find something to ride any time of the year here. 

• Thank You 1

2 hours ago, UglyBob said:

Yup, we have a ton of single track at a variety of elevations and skill levels, so you can find something to ride any time of the year here. 

So do you recommend a hard tail or full suspension? Around here everyone does hard tail because we just done have the need for full. One of my friends moved to Los Alamos and wants me to come ride with him. He uses full suspension there. Said I could borrow his wife’s if I don’t have one when I visit him. 

2 hours ago, groupw said:

So do you recommend a hard tail or full suspension? Around here everyone does hard tail because we just done have the need for full. One of my friends moved to Los Alamos and wants me to come ride with him. He uses full suspension there. Said I could borrow his wife’s if I don’t have one when I visit him. 

I have both, but most people around here prefer full suspension. The trails are usually more rough and rocky than smooth and flowing. If you go full suspension, get something with lockouts on the shocks. We also have a lot of up and down, so it's nice to be able lock out on the climbs, then cut it loose for the downhill sections.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, UglyBob said:

I have both, but most people around here prefer full suspension. The trails are usually more rough and rocky than smooth and flowing. If you go full suspension, get something with lockouts on the shocks. We also have a lot of up and down, so it's nice to be able lock out on the climbs, then cut it loose for the downhill sections.

What you’re saying makes sense. I have a lot to learn on the MTB side!

• Heart 1