A lot of fireworks tonight

BR46

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

I thought they were supposed to do that at midnight?

They just celebrated the new year for Brazil.   https://www.timeanddate.com/counters/firstnewyear.html

A few years ago WoBG and I were at a NYE party and every hour we celebrated a new year, somewhere in the world.   At 9:30 PM WoBG and I cheered and celebrated.  Many looked at us like :scratchhead:  Then I explained..  Newfoundland just had their new year.  :party:  Time for another drink. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, BR46 said:

I never understood spending hundreds of dollars on fireworks and blowing them up. 

A few summers ago, one neighbor must have spent a few thousand for fireworks.  Some of the rockets were just as good as any city fireworks.   I don't get it either...

By the way... I sure hope your aren't driving back to WI thru IL tomorrow.   I will get to use my JD tractor with the plow again. 

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM SATURDAY TO MIDNIGHT CST SATURDAY NIGHT... WHAT...Steady, blowing snow and dangerous travel expected. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 8 inches are expected. Northeast winds could gusts up to 35 mph Saturday afternoon and evening. WHERE...Portions of north central and northeast Illinois.