The SWC 2022 Daily and Total Mileage Thread

Road Runner

17 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

how's the swimming going?

It is going well!  I started at 300 meters and have steadily built up to 1850 meters in 45 minutes (the max allowable time in the pool). I am hoping the sprints can bring up my average speed and I can hit 2,000 sometime in the next week.   Definitely gaining some fitness, and I am not burnt out on it yet.  

I will see where my PB will land before I really start to figure this whole technique thing out.  I am mostly going every other day, but went both Thursday and Friday this week. 

• Heart 3

9 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

It is going well!  I started at 300 meters and have steadily built up to 1850 meters in 45 minutes (the max allowable time in the pool). I am hoping the sprints can bring up my average speed and I can hit 2,000 sometime in the next week.   Definitely gaining some fitness, and I am not burnt out on it yet.  

I will see where my PB will land before I really start to figure this whole technique thing out.  I am mostly going every other day, but went both Thursday and Friday this week. 

Awesome. Many years ago I swam a little bit at my local school. I'd like to do that again. I'm not sure if they allow it or not, I should look into it.

• Heart 2

15, snow is mostly melted now.  Some of the roads were pretty muddy.  Went to the graveyard. Did loops around there.  Absolute perfect day to spend time together outdoors.  It was so sunny.  We had a great time.   

So we found the grave of the Baldwin family.  Maud Baldwin helped to document early Klamath Falls.  Sadly she perished by her own demise.  She jumped or walked into the Lake in May 1926.  The Baldwin Hotel still stands downtown.  It is slightly creepy during the Halloween evening flashlight tours.  

Maud Baldwin (1878-1926) (oregonencyclopedia.org)

:check:

Maud.jpg

• Heart 4

Had a mixed road/gravel ride planned for the Ritchey but about 2 miles into the ride heard the distinctive “ping!” of a broken spoke.  Damn… Went home & switched bikes to do the ride on the Anthem instead.  Rode to the trail head & sum beotch trail closed due to mud…. Well road ride on the Anthem it is….

22 miles between the two rides. 

:check:

• Heart 3