The SWC 2022 Daily and Total Mileage Thread

Road Runner

6 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

14 miles

1332 in climbing.  We went around and looked for all the steep streets around town.  Did a bunch that I have never ridden.  Saw a few historic homes.  One was really gigantic.  Also rode along a birding trail.  He rode Seek and I rode my CruX.  The Crux is a nice equalizer, as he rides that heavy seek.    

We rode past a couple of geese.  They said "honk honk."  Saw a huge buck.  He was too busy eating, but I heard "crunch crunch."  We had a cop blast past us at least way over the speed limit, no lights.  "zoom zoom"  Saw a bunch of doggies.  Most said "woof woof."  A few were quiet.

:)

There were a couple of streets we went up.  Gosh.  No idea of the grade, but you had to be really trying to get up the thing.  My arms are sore from the climbing. I do miss the feeling and attachment of clipless.  I just can't wear those shoes so easily these days.  I've gone to flats on all my bikes. My feet like the five 10 shoes much better.

You could write a children's book there.

2 minutes ago, denniS said:

You could write a children's book there.

Haha.  Yes.  

The non PG version is where I explain would could have happened if that officer had a car turning left at the top of this steep double yellow.  An intersection with a blnking yellow caution light.  He was going well over 20.  Likely double as he crossed the center line to pass us.  Crazy.  

3 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Haha.  Yes.  

The non PG version is where I explain would could have happened if that officer had a car turning left at the top of this steep double yellow.  An intersection with a blnking yellow caution light.  He was going well over 20.  Likely double as he crossed the center line to pass us.  Crazy.  

Not all children's books are PG.

• Heart 2