The SWC 2022 Daily and Total Mileage Thread

Road Runner

On 6/19/2022 at 6:52 AM, TrentonMakes said:

...how about now?  I couldn't believe I saw this (actually two of them in a row  like this)... left a msg for the County Highway Department.  Someone's going over the bars.  I wasn't able to slide it back.

Those things make me nervous even when intact.  It seems like if you got a taar in one of those slots it would not be good.  Or maybe not, but I am not aboot to test it!  Seems to me like they should go the other way.

Beautiful pics - thanks!

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Beanz said:

41 miles at an easy 15.7 speed.  I  had planned to ride solo but my buddy Tony asked if he could ride with me. 

He wanted an easy pace having had some tests done on his heart recently. Usually a pretty fast rider but today he was off the back a lot. At times I was doing 15 and he couldn't hold my wheel. Then some reason   the final stretch to the coast, he went around lifting the pace for about 1/2 mile. Mistake! He suffered even more on the final 14 mile return. 

He says it was more inactivity being off the bike for a month and the 93 degree heat really zapped him.

So we stopped for 🌮 tacos. They always make everything better. 

The plate with the green Chile pepper 🌶 on it is Tony's. That taco is language (tongue)....NO THANKS 🤣 But Tony says it's good 👍 

:check:

20220625_135302.jpg

20220625_135240.jpg

20220625_135236.jpg

20220625_104126.jpg

I love lingua tacos! I grew up eating cow tongue and my sister made some for me today at our get together.  

It’s hard to wrap your head around but it’s the most tender meat you will ever eat. 

• Heart 3

33 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I love lingua tacos! I grew up eating cow tongue and my sister made some for me today at our get together.  

It’s hard to wrap your head around but it’s the most tender meat you will ever eat. 

I tried it about a month ago when I went with Jose. It felt spongy like I was chewing my own tongue 👅 

Tony says it's great because it's a meat with no bones,  pure meat. 

Still not for me  but some people do love it.

• Heart 2

12 hours ago, Mr. Beanz said:

I tried it about a month ago when I went with Jose. It felt spongy like I was chewing my own tongue 👅 

Tony says it's great because it's a meat with no bones,  pure meat. 

Still not for me  but some people do love it.

If it felt spongy they cooked it wrong. Properly done lengua has a texture like pot roast.  I order it when it’s an option. Good street taco trucks rarely let me down!

• Heart 2

7 hours ago, shootingstar said:

Are we tracking cumulatively for grand total by end of 2022 for SQW?

Today... just 16 km. 

:check:

When the check mark appears in your post, your miles, kms, etc, have been added to the total.  The totals are updated and displayed in the first post of this thread (page one).  

• Heart 2

14 hours ago, Longjohn said:

That looks like some smooth dirt. We should send our road crew out there to learn how to do that. Is that dusty when cars go by?

It was a 1 mile stretch, and no cars while I was on it.  This stretch was a bit more washboard than the other stretch.  I am still running the 28mm tires.

25 minutes ago, az_cyclist said:

It was a 1 mile stretch, and no cars while I was on it.  This stretch was a bit more washboard than the other stretch.  I am still running the 28mm tires.

Right now my road is a terrible washboard. It is surprising how much car and truck suspensions can smooth out the ride over washboards. I try to ride in the middle between the tires of the cars but the cars are all over the road looking for smoother place to drive. The best I can find is usually right on the very edge of the road where it meets the grass.

• Heart 2

30 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Right now my road is a terrible washboard. It is surprising how much car and truck suspensions can smooth out the ride over washboards. I try to ride in the middle between the tires of the cars but the cars are all over the road looking for smoother place to drive. The best I can find is usually right on the very edge of the road where it meets the grass.

I was in the middle most of that stretch

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Scrapr said:

I guessed are doing time & not distance for totals so:

72 minutes total for 3 swims (24 mins ea)

Today 19.1 outside on the steel bike. Nice ride on major roads w wide shoulders. I thought I sucked during the ride but I got a couple Strava PRs and a bunch of 2nds. My first outside ride this year. (sad)

Thanks for the conversion.  Your time and your miles have now been added to the totals.  :)

• Heart 2