The SWC 2022 Daily and Total Mileage Thread

Road Runner

1 hour ago, Mr. Beanz said:

Solo 41 miles at 17.3 average speed.  At one point,  I saw a group getting on the trail about 1/8 of a mile ahead.  I had to work hard to see if I could catch them.  About 4 miles later I did. The dude on the back seemed to be doing every trick in the book to drop me. Slow down,  speed up,  slow me down on the under passes. 

Ok dude, I caught your paceline from 1/8 back , you ain't going to drop me.  He did make it hard to recover like I wanted.  Just then I saw a buddy walking on the side of the road.  

He shouted I EXPECT YOU TO GO TO THE FRONT,  YOU'RE STRONG ENOUGH TO PULL THOSE GUYS. 😄

I  had been on the back for a mile trying to recover buy when he said that,  I said F this guy. I went to the front,  slowed a bit so the lead rider could take my wheel easily. He was happy to seeing none of the others were helping. I pulled them for about a mile and a half but had to stop for water. Plus I like to do solo efforts. 

As I did, the guys were  shouting thanks! So that was nice. 

I used the facilities  refilled then headed off again.  I ended up passing one of the riders who fell off the pace. He was struggling but I wasn't in slow down to help a buddy mode today. 😄

20220709_093955.jpg

20220709_093913.jpg

So the dickwad who was making the ride tough for you was just a wheel sucker as well? Did you tell the guy pulling he should drop that guy?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/9/2022 at 6:44 PM, Mr. Beanz said:

Solo 41 miles at 17.3 average speed.  At one point,  I saw a group getting on the trail about 1/8 of a mile ahead.  I had to work hard to see if I could catch them.  About 4 miles later I did. The dude on the back seemed to be doing every trick in the book to drop me. Slow down,  speed up,  slow me down on the under passes. 

Ok dude, I caught your paceline from 1/8 back , you ain't going to drop me.  He did make it hard to recover like I wanted.  Just then I saw a buddy walking on the side of the road.  

He shouted I EXPECT YOU TO GO TO THE FRONT,  YOU'RE STRONG ENOUGH TO PULL THOSE GUYS. 😄

I  had been on the back for a mile trying to recover buy when he said that,  I said F this guy. I went to the front,  slowed a bit so the lead rider could take my wheel easily. He was happy to seeing none of the others were helping. I pulled them for about a mile and a half but had to stop for water. Plus I like to do solo efforts. 

I used the facilities  refilled then headed off again.  I ended up passing one of the riders who fell off the pace. He was struggling but I wasn't in slow down to help a buddy mode today. 😄

:check:

20220709_093955.jpg

20220709_093913.jpg

It is a great feeling when someone thanks you for taking a pull.

On 7/9/2022 at 6:44 PM, Mr. Beanz said:

:check:

20220709_093955.jpg

20220709_093913.jpg

It is a great feeling when someone thanks you for taking a pull.

• Heart 3

Yesterday morning I got my second Covid booster, but I felt OK today aside from a sore arm, so i went for it. 40 road miles, 1590 climbing feet, avg 14.5 mph. Was on some roads I've never ridden before. I hope I still feel OK later... 

568 YTD:check:

• Heart 3