The SWC 2022 Daily and Total Mileage Thread

Road Runner

16 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

18 miles, 1,200 feet climbed. 13 mph avg. I blame my snail’s pace on donating double red blood cells on Thursday. Beautiful morning (75F) before 100F arrives later. 

That’ snot a snails pace. I never average 13 mph anymore. Part of it is I stop too much to take pictures, get a drink, talk to people and my app is supposed to Otto paws but I think it is a little slow to pause. My other excuse is I’m still building my strength back after a really bad year and I don’t ride normal roads. I ride a lot of gravel/dirt roads. I’m trying to find a female riding partner but at my age I’m having trouble finding one. I did find a local gal that likes to canoe.

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Hugs 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Beanz said:

Tubeless 🤔

Correct but I’m still sold on tubeless.

I was riding on Katella crossing over SART heading towards Santiago Canyon.  I looked over my shoulder wondering if that shooting range was still there and rolled over a big ass chunk of sharp metal that gashed my sidewall.   Sealant ain’t gonna fix that and I even had to boot it as the sidewall was cut & wonky.

I went tubeless in 2016 with my MTB and this is my 4th tubeless wheel set with thousands of off & on road miles with today being my first flat.  I’ll happily set that wheel back up tubeless.

3 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Correct but I’m still sold on tubeless.

I was riding on Katella crossing over SART heading towards Santiago Canyon.  I looked over my shoulder wondering if that shooting range was still there and rolled over a big ass chunk of sharp metal that gashed my sidewall.   Sealant ain’t gonna fix that and I even had to boot it as the sidewall was cut & wonky.

I went tubeless in 2016 with my MTB and this is my 4th tubeless wheel set with thousands of off & on road miles with today being my first flat.  I’ll happily set that wheel back up tubeless.

4th tubeless wheel set? Why is that? Upgrading,  worn out, damaged?

Just curious. I built my wheels on my Madone in 2015. I now have over 20,000 miles on the wheels no problem. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Beanz said:

4th tubeless wheel set? Why is that? Upgrading,  worn out, damaged?

Just curious. I built my wheels on my Madone in 2015. I now have over 20,000 miles on the wheels no problem. 

Mostly replaced.  Sold 1st MTB, replaced it with another that is tubeless.  My cousin has that 1st MTB  & still going strong tubeless.  I bought a cross bike & set that bike up with tubeless wheels. I then replaced that bike with my current cross bike that is also tubeless. 

My Bianchi is still running tubes and I won’t convert it. Not worth the hassle & cost. Bear in mind all of my bikes with tubeless go off road.  I’m just riding the road a lot right now gearing up for the century in Sept.

• Heart 4