Warning

Airehead

3 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

We are starting to see barren grocery store shelves at times.  Next thing we know, the government will be dolling out some sort of green protein compound that they claim is very nutritious.  :(

I don't think I ever saw the movie.

Hmm, I never realized A Clockwork Orange was 1995.  Here are some more dates from movies:

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

13 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Soylent Green is people.  That's aboot allz I know.

The world is overrun with people and the planet's eco-system has basically been destroyed.  The starving masses are clamoring and fighting over getting something to eat.  Additionally, many people are extremely depressed about the world as it is in 2022 and are ready to go.  Suicide is encouraged and suicide facilities are made available to promote it as a painless and even enjoyable end to their sad and tragic lives.  The resulting carcasses are then transported to the manufacturing plant that makes Soylent Green.  The Soylent Green is then distributed to the masses of starving people.

• Sad 1

Speaking of Brown, I shit you not, we used to have a company here in my area that installed and serviced septic tanks and it was named, "Brown Septic Tank Service".  I used to see their trucks on the road all the time back in the 70's when many people here were still using septic systems.  Their logo was painted in large letters on the sides of their trucks:   "If It Don't Go Down, Call Brown!"  :D

• Haha 1

Seen it when it came out and couple times after. Maybe about a year ago on TV.

We reference the movie a few times every year kidding around with our older relatives. 😄

Another movie I enjoyed more from back in the day was Race With the Devil. Peter Fonda I think.  Not many I know have seen it.

30 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Speaking of Brown, I shit you not, we used to have a company here in my area that installed and serviced septic tanks and it was named, "Brown Septic Tank Service".  I used to see their trucks on the road all the time back in the 70's when many people here were still using septic systems.  Their logo was painted in large letters on the sides of their trucks:   "If It Don't Go Down, Call Brown!"  :D

We have “English Sewage Disposal Company” with a palace guard as its emblem. I keep wondering if it is owned by an Irishman. :D

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

The world is overrun with people and the planet's eco-system has basically been destroyed.  The starving masses are clamoring and fighting over getting something to eat.  Additionally, many people are extremely depressed about the world as it is in 2022 and are ready to go.  Suicide is encouraged and suicide facilities are made available to promote it as a painless and even enjoyable end to their sad and tragic lives.  The resulting carcasses are then transported to the manufacturing plant that makes Soylent Green.  The Soylent Green is then distributed to the masses of starving people.

Do they have testing lines too?

9 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Do they have testing lines too?

Did you ever watch 12 Monkeys?  (nothing to do with motorcycle sidecar racing)

Kind of seems possible now.    Except for the time traveling part, but they have 6 more years to figure that out.