There is NO Reason not to Wear a Mask

Mr. Beanz

Well, I rarely mask when I bike. Most of the routes I took cyclists were spaced adequately, etc. I actually rarely mask when walking outdoors and usually no crowds where I am / enough space to walk further away.

Mask littering if not dropped accidentally, is disappointing. Is it that hard to stuff it in  your  pocket / purse/knapsack? How many used Kleenex tissues on ground have we seen....oh yea, they get  blown away faster. They aren't that much lighter.

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Well, I rarely mask when I bike. Most of the routes I took cyclists were spaced adequately, etc. I actually rarely mask when walking outdoors and usually no crowds where I am / enough space to walk further away.

Mask littering if not dropped accidentally, is disappointing. Is it that hard to stuff it in  your  pocket / purse/knapsack? How many used Kleenex tissues on ground have we seen....oh yea, they get  blown away faster. They aren't that much lighter.

I agree with the cycling without a mask.  I  ride with only 1 or 2 others I trust that work from home or retired. But mostly solo. I gave up riding with the group. A big reason,  25 riders on  mandatory mask rides and only 2 of us wearing them.  Not even the ride leader who made the rule. 🤣

49 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Mask littering if not dropped accidentally, is disappointing.

I think it is mostly accidental.  It works its way out of a pocket or, with the disposable one, the strap breaks when it is on someone's wrist and it falls to the ground.  For the most part, a mask has enough "value" to folks that they won't discard it mid-parking lot on purpose.

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

I think it is mostly accidental.  It works its way out of a pocket or, with the disposable one, the strap breaks when it is on someone's wrist and it falls to the ground.  For the most part, a mask has enough "value" to folks that they won't discard it mid-parking lot on purpose.

I see some really nice masks on the ground. Most in great shape. I'd guess some don't know and others too lazy to bend over.  Lots of nice masks that I'm tempted to pick up. 😄😃😄 But I won't. 

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Why three pics of same mask?

Because I like to take pics. Actually to show where it was in the parking lot. 

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Around here they are thrown on the ground on purpose. They are usually the masks handed out at store entrances so customers are allowed to enter. It was probably hanging below their nose, if not their chin the whole time in the store. These are the same people who leave their carts in parking spaces. 

• Heart 2

3 hours ago, shootingstar said:

I don't mask when I bike or walk the dog.  I do wear an "I got my COVID vaccine" 2 1/4" badge to allay fears by the mask-wearers I pass, but I don't think that allays fears anymore with so many who a vaccinated catching Covid - though it's generally milder than among the un-vaxxed.

I ALWAYS mask when I go inside a public building - supermarkets, etc. and in Central Maryland almost everyone does the same, even when it's not required.

I see the cheaper, disposable masks on the ground fairly frequently and figure their wearers often decided to dispose of them and simply littered.

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, shootingstar said:

I don't mask when I bike or walk the dog.  I do wear an "I got my COVID vaccine" 2 1/4" badge to allay fears by the mask-wearers I pass, but I don't think that allays fears anymore with so many who a vaccinated catching Covid - though it's generally milder than among the un-vaxxed.

I ALWAYS mask when I go inside a public building - supermarkets, etc. and in Central Maryland almost everyone does the same, even when it's not required.

I see the cheaper, disposable masks on the ground fairly frequently and figure their wearers often decided to dispose of them and simply littered.

22 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I heard you the first time! 😆😁😆

• Haha 1