I like the immediate reaction time

Randomguy

Based on the video I think it's safe to surmise...

The reaction time was so quick because the driver was a trained security professional - or - the driver had been robbed before and wasn't going let it happen again.

I'm going to go with a trained security professional because the driver appeared to intentionally ram the other car as the robber was getting out.  The car's driver could have avoided the other car or backed up, but by ramming the other car and causing injury to one of the robbers it would delay any pursuit and make it less likely a pursuit would even start.

28 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Based on the video I think it's safe to surmise...

The reaction time was so quick because the driver was a trained security professional - or - the driver had been robbed before and wasn't going let it happen again.

I'm going to go with a trained security professional because the driver appeared to intentionally ram the other car as the robber was getting out.  The car's driver could have avoided the other car or backed up, but by ramming the other car and causing injury to one of the robbers it would delay any pursuit and make it less likely a pursuit would even start.

I certainly would have taken out the passenger on my way out of Dodge if I'd seen a weapon in his hand.  My son's ex father in law was hijacked in such a way on his way back to the business from the bank.  He was carrying a large sum of money.  He and his driver/bodyguard were lucky enough to be left by the roadside alive.  Malaysia is a bit like the wild west still.  He was pretty sure the robbers were off duty police.  He didn't file a report.

I can say since I have been to other places like that in the video... While in Guatemala I had a incident like that before happen to us. The wife and I were with a company hired guard, but he said the cops will not bother you if you were defending yourself, they will go after the person trying to rob you. Basically I took it as..."Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" 

• Heart 2