So this is the first I ever heared of Brooks and Dunn but Youtube said I should watch so I am. :D

Ralphie

4 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Keith Urban was actually not as horribibble as I expected. :D

Miranda Lambert is snot really floating my boat though. :(

Classic country is much better than some of the newer stuff. Look up some Alan Jackson, Vern Gosdin, Keith Whitley, to name a few.

• Awesome 2

I had never listened to B& D. But saw they did a cover of MY MARIA. I  listened to it, sounded like the original but not as good so I just stuck with the original and passed on the B& D. 😄

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, Mr Beanz said:

I had never listened to B& D. But saw they did a cover of MY MARIA. I  listened to it, sounded like the original but not as good so I just stuck with the original and passed on the B& D. 😄

I don;t have a dog in this hunt, so let's listen to both and decide!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Of course he is.  He's George Strait. :nodhead:

I am a rube when it comes to country but this was an excellent show. :)

I've heard of George Jones before but never really George Strait.  My loss. :D

Once again Google proves it owns my ass because it made a kickass suggestion. :)

• Heart 1

Thanks and interesting, I had to Google Retro, as I am not tuned in to the various classifications. I just know what I like. I smiled when you posted a Johnny Bush song, as one of the DJs on Willie's Road House really likes his music, as do I. I just prefer the sound from the classic and retro periods compared to today's music.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, team scooter said:

And to me, the 80's/90's country music is retro. Classic country is the older 50s/60s and early 70s  stuff. :nodhead: Growing up in the 60s and 70s, this is the music that played on the juke boxes while we were snowmobiling in rural northern Wisconsin. :wub:

Yep. This is what played in our house. Conway, Loretta, Tammy, George, Merle, etc...

• Heart 2

13 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Classic country is much better than some of the newer stuff. Look up some Alan Jackson, Vern Gosdin, Keith Whitley, to name a few.

Grew up on Classic Country - the older stuff.  But loved the country music from the 80s, early 90s as well. 

I remember Mrs. Z and I along with a group of military friends going to the Patriot Center In Vienna to see Randy Travis. Alan Jackson, who was just getting started, opened for him. 

We used to go out two stepping occasionally. Boots, hats... I miss those days. 😊 

• Heart 3