This just seemed funny to me at 5:00 am

Parr8hed

Everytime I see chemical controls for water systems, I think of a guy named Bob I went to school with at IIT.

He was one of the Ph.D candidates at IIT in 1974, was a couple years farther along than me, married, and needed more income than the $325 ($1700 in now money) a month tax free we were getting as scholarship/Teaching Assistant grad students.

So he got a part-time job at the just completed Sears Tower in Chicago, then the tallest building in the world, regulating the fluids that flowed through pipes in the building for heat, water-service, etc.

The previous people had screwed up the system so bad - acidic water going through metal pipes, etc. - that he arrived just in time to get it all straightened out: plus a raise to keep his mouth shut about how poor prior management had almost caused millions in damages.

37 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

I guess chlorine isn't all that good inside the body. Is this for getting chlorine out of the water supply?

Chlorine reacts very badly with red blood cells.  We have a primary and secondary carbon scrubber that eliminate chlorine from the water.

Those X’s in the tail lights of Jeeps made me think of cartoon characters for many years after they came out. I recently researched it and found out that is an homage to the Xs on the Jerry cans that army jeeps carried. I love knowing the reason for weird or everyday things that seem unusual.  :D

• Heart 2