Pure Genius!

Razors Edge

53 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Took a nice ride yesterday starting out in temps around 60, and I dressed appropriately.  Anyway, about an hour in to the ride, it was a steady drizzle, and at 1.5hrs, I turned around as I was getting more heavily rained on per mile.  Next hour and and a half was in a warm rain all the way home.  A fun ride, but one I was feeling pretty cool toward the end - especially when I finished and was no longer generating my own heat.

My solution? Hot chocolate. Or rather, a hot choco-latte :) which is hot chocolate and coffee.  

The GENIUS bit? Putting a Ghiradelli Peppermint Bark square in the bottom of the mug and letting it dissolve in the warm milk with the other stuff :D

DELICIOUS!

Chocolatte!

I complained to a young, supermarket cashier that the store no longer carried the chocolate flavored coffee I liked.

She replied, "You know what my dad does? He mixes Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate Mix with coffee instead of water and it's great!"

I've been doing that, too, just dumping a packet of the mix into my 25 oz. coffee pot.

16 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Chocolatte!

I complained to a young, supermarket cashier that the store no longer carried the chocolate flavored coffee I liked.

She replied, "You know what my dad does? He mixes Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate Mix with coffee instead of water and it's great!"

I've been doing that, too, just dumping a packet of the mix into my 25 oz. coffee pot.

I used to do that but got oot of the habit. I do like to buy wawa cappuccino but diluted aboot 5:1 with decaf. Swiss Miss is mo cheaper!  

If you buy the Hershey baking cocoa there is a great recipe on it for hot chocolate.  It is one of my favs.  Would be good to try with your drizzle of the  Ghiradelli Peppermint Bark.  

When I rode outside a lot I felt like hot chocolate was an excellent recovery drink.  But then again you probably should not take nutritional advice from me.

I could change clothes, take a shower, etc.... but would always stay cold until I drank something warm like soup or hot chocolate.  

HERSHEY'S, Naturally Unsweetened Cocoa, Baking Cocoa, 8 oz, Container

• Heart 2

25 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

If you buy the Hershey baking cocoa there is a great recipe on it for hot chocolate.  It is one of my favs.  Would be good to try with your drizzle of the  Ghiradelli Peppermint Bark.  

When I rode outside a lot I felt like hot chocolate was an excellent recovery drink.  But then again you probably should not take nutritional advice from me.

I could change clothes, take a shower, etc.... but would always stay cold until I drank something warm like soup or hot chocolate.  

I bought a six pack of that Swiss Miss last winter, and have been steadily working my way through it.  It isn't "nutritional", but a warm hot chocolate made with milk and a coffee kicker is great.  I need to add some tiny marshmallows when I add the Ghirardelli to really round out the whole thing!

• Heart 1