It is with a very heavy heart that I let you know, we've lost one of our own

Square Wheels

This is incomprehensible to me right now.  He was a good friend to many of us here.  I told him in several emails that, as sick as he was, he needed to go to the ER.  After Petite said he had returned from there yesterday, I thought he must be okay, sort of.  This is just beyond belief.  :(

• Heart 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Road Runner said:

This is incomprehensible to me right now.  He was a good friend to many of us here.  I told him in several emails that, as sick as he was, he needed to go to the ER.  After Petite said he had returned from there yesterday, I thought he must be okay, sort of.  This is just beyond belief.  :(

Yes.  Way too young to die.

2 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Yes.  Way too young to die.

Do you know his age? Gina has 2 cousins that died recently from covid. Both early 50s. 😯

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

This is going to take a while to really sink in.  I am numb right now.

Very much so.  I don't know if I will get over such a loss anytime soon.  

And I sent him a supposedly "funny" email last night wishing him well and telling him I was glad to hear he had gone to the ER.  I'm an idiot.

• Hugs 2

Just now, Road Runner said:

And I sent him a supposedly "funny" email last night wishing him well and telling him I was glad to hear he had gone to the ER.  I'm an idiot.

I have been texting him OOG pics and wishing him well.  It was not uncommon for a text to go unanswered for days, so I was not concerned.  This hit me out of the blue.

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

I don;t think so!  That was a great thing to do.  Incomprehensible how he could have gone, gotten released, and died all so quickly. :(

7 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Don't.  I had been texting cat pictures as well.  I think these texts from his friends helped him during the past week.  He was never one for being too serious.  But I agree I won't be getting over this soon.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I sent his wife a message letting her know of his online family here, and that he was loved.  I suggested when she was ready, I could get his log in info so she could let us know how she's doing, if she wanted.

Airwick had a wife? Who knew? I don’t think he ever mentioned her on the forum.

15 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I wonder if he was even seen by the ER? Maybe the wait time was too much for him and he gave up and went home?

I'm beginning to wonder about all this.  Or if the doctor diagnosed correctly.

A very close friend here in town (who knew dearie too, whenever he was with me, all of us went out to dinner), lost her sister in her late 50's just last year. It was very strange. She was in the hospital for a wk. Then released and died a few days at home. I still don't know exactly what she died from....and the family may not know precisely either. This was 1 month after dearie died. She so shocked and in grief, she didn't even tell me until 3 wks. after her sibling's death.

There was a news reported case of a Vancouer-area  woman who lost her hubby to covid. He was in his mid 30's. He had covid and was in hospital for 2 wks. Released. After a wk. at home, he was sitting in the living rm. watching tv . She went to bed.

She found out next morning, he died in his armchair. They have 2 children under 5 yrs. old. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Hank was a big part of the forum for me.  I was always trying to provoke him or joke and kid around with him.  We had lots of laughs and fun over the years.  I can honestly say that, for me, the forum will never be same.  Never.

Shirley the CSC will never be the same.  :(