It is with a very heavy heart that I let you know, we've lost one of our own

Square Wheels

36 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I'll have to start reading Heathcliff. :nodhead:

Absolutely!  That would be awesome. Thank you!  :)  I am very glad I got Cheese's take on it before he passed. :)  Especially since my Dad was a big fan too. :)  But my dad  liked the more conventional and understandable gags whereas Cheese was a big fan of the more surreal Green Acres-like stuff like The Garbage Ape, helmets, and floating away with bubbles. :D

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wolfpack said:

I can't fucking believe this.  son of a bitch

Cycling across country with Airwick and Agape.  Never remarried, we sorta "dated" for a bit and he was a tremendous help to me when my Dad had dementia/Alzheimer's and he was living in an assisted living in Greenville.  Hank & my Dad were like 2 peas in a pod.  He never mentioned to me that he had remarried, but if he did, I'm so sorry for his wife's loss.  He was a wonderful man and will be greatly missed.

Damnit.

I thought aboot you, glad you got word but sorry for our collective loss. :(

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

I sent him a supposedly "funny" email last night wishing him well and telling him I was glad to hear he had gone to the ER.  I'm an idiot.

First thing I did this morning after turning my computer on was to check my email.  I was hoping for a positive reply.  Nothing, but I just assumed he hadn't read mine yet.  Then I came here.  :(

• Sad 4

16 minutes ago, wolfpack said:

Cycling across country with Airwick and Agape.  Never remarried, we sorta "dated" for a bit and he was a tremendous help to me when my Dad had dementia/Alzheimer's and he was living in an assisted living in Greenville.  Hank & my Dad were like 2 peas in a pod.  He never mentioned to me that he had remarried, but if he did, I'm so sorry for his wife's loss.  He was a wonderful man and will be greatly missed.

Damnit.

He was exceedingly private here, as always.  Do you maybe have a photo of Cheese?  I have never seen one.

• Heart 1

26 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

20 minutes ago, wolfpack said:

Damnit.

I was just going to send you a message Wolfie.  I remember so well how your dad liked the Cheese.

• Heart 1

My new cat had a Cheese related name when I got her (blame Not Wild Sister for that) and when I told Cheese, he was delighted at the Cheese connection and said he was just going to call my new cat Cheesie.  I think I'll be calling her Cheesie for awhile too.

• Hugs 3

4 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Several wks. ago I decided to take today off as vacation.

I wondered what I was going to do without wasting the day.  I'm glad to have been around soon enough to know of CheeseAirwick and to share/listen here. Today is my memory day for Airwick and for all people who I've known here, even if you are Internet ether and still want to be.

This is NYD observed for my workplace.  Great timing with the snow.