It is with a very heavy heart that I let you know, we've lost one of our own

Square Wheels

22 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Yet as I always said, there will always be a Cheese around here. :)  He will still be enjoying Heathcat every day with us. :)

I think Cheese had a profound effect on us all in one way or the other, and he will remain with each of us always.  

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Awesome 2

1 hour ago, Rattlecan said:

How can one contribute to that. Paypal account?

I've received so many wonderful gifts from people here, I sent the gifts from the forum.  Thank you for offering, but not necessary.

1 hour ago, Philander Seabury said:

Forum memberships?

This is always appreciated, but not necessary.

• Hugs 2

4 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

After a few days I realize what I miss aboot Cheese.  Like all of us, he was an individual with his own quirks and idiosyncracies, although even more so. :D Basically a breath of fresh air, an escape from the mundane. :)  So now we have our Whoppers without Cheese, so they are naturally more boring.  Yet as I always said, there will always be a Cheese around here. :)  Like Kirby said, he will still be enjoying Heathcat every day with us. :)

I think one of the things I liked most about his posts was the passion he demonstrated about seemingly silly or ordinary things including Moon Pies, music, onions, the Partridge Family and (of course) Greenville.  He had a way of looking at things that made the ordinary seem special.

• Heart 3

2 minutes ago, denniS said:

The only local place I've seen Moon pies is at the Jenny Lake Store in GTNP. I always bought one when I rode up there and ate it while sitting on bench outside. It always made me think of Cheese. No RC Cola though.

I grew up with a lot of things he wrote about, so I could relate.

• Heart 4

12 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I still can’t believe he kept his wife secret. I liked to talk about my wife.

Everyone is different, but I agree it is unusual not to at least mention briefly one has a  spouse after a number of yrs. together. Maybe she was quite different from him, that it would have not fit into his patter of jokes and zany fun. However it depends when 2nd woman entered his life..maybe after you knew him.

You're just a more open person, LJ...in general.

• Heart 3

9 hours ago, MoseySusan said:

She can create a username and login here. I’m sad to think she feels alone. 

I also would like to help as needed. Next time you talk with Mrs. Cheese, please ask if there Is there a meal delivery service we could set up from a distance? Organize a maid service to come by once a week for a few months? Yard cleanup? Home repairs? 

Mrs. Cheese says she is fine. Quarantine ends tomorrow. She was extremely grateful for the ask. 

• Heart 3

2 hours ago, Dottles said:

Yeah, our hearts mean well but at a time when you lose your spouse, I'm not really sure i wan't to be receiving stuff from strangers off the Internet.  Might make me think what other kind of double life my spouse was living.  And who the hell are all these people making an entrance in one of the most personal tragedies I get to live through??  Ah.... maybe someday when she's driving back home from wherever she will think about her husband and the massive changes it brought and maybe... just maybe.. she will think what a kind and supporting gesture it was. And she may feel better for the act of good will.

Totally worth the gamble in my view.

That’s a pretty astute observation for a sleep-deprived person, Dottles!  

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Dottles said:

I am very grateful of (for?) the folks in this forum.  There are good peeps here from all walks of life and I'm glad I pseudo know you.  

But you wouldn’t want someone here arranging for Merry Maids to give your bathrooms a once over… 😊 

She probably has church folk, anyway. 

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

I think being unexpected plus you probably encountered him a lot more than you did her in your daily life all add up. 

I interacted a lot more with Cheese, a much bigger part of my day to day life

My sister was 17 years older than me, and had a different outlook on life

We never really argued, but I left the area at 19 and we didn't really talk much, no animosity, but not much interaction. 

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 2

42 minutes ago, wolfpack said:

Can one of y'all PM me with maybe an address (if different from where I knew he lived, the number of address only - 105) so that I may send a card?  

Any info on services yet?

Thanks!

I will send you info on arrangements etc… as soon as we have them. In the next couple of days. 

• Heart 1