So, I submitted “kitchen window” to Urban Dictionary.

MoseySusan

49 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

kitchen window:scratchhead:

@Razors Edge wondered why vaccine passport has been added to Merriam-Webster when it’s no different than, say, kitchen window or rear tire. 
So, I have a job to do. Give kitchen window meaning, usage, and cultural relevance so that it gets added to the dictionary for 2022.

Ok, @bikeman564™, so it’s not at the top of your “interest list,” but it could be fun. 

• Thank You 1
  • Whatever 1
  • Awesome 1

6 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

@Razors Edge wondered why vaccine passport has been added to Merriam-Webster when it’s no different than, say, kitchen window or rear tire. 
So, I have a job to do. Give kitchen window meaning, usage, and cultural relevance so that it gets added to the dictionary for 2022.

Where is your kitchen window link?

5 minutes ago, denniS said:

what is your definition?

A practical view of a situation. 
The conversation started in the how many words do you know thread, and @jsharrwick gave it a bit of traction in the G needs a job thread. He also used rear tire to mean the same as “retire”, unless I read that wrong. 
Screenshot from the room where it happened. 

B1705CAC-B3D2-44AC-8C3A-5CC7C5AAC59D.jpeg

3 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

The conversation started in the how many words do you know thread, and @jsharrwick gave it a bit of traction in the G needs a job thread. He also used rear tire to mean the same as “retire”, unless I read that wrong. 

I was aiming for back burner or place on hold

• Thank You 1

24 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

I like it. Can you use it in a sentence?

So, I have closed all of my social media accounts. This would have been easier if I were still on Twitter and Instagram where I had the ear of a couple of local influencers. I can use it in the comments sections of the NYT and in the local paper “Speak Up” section. There are a lot of local issues that require a practical view of the situation. 

A few years ago, I taped an image of Harriet Tubman over Andrew Jackson on a few $20 bills before spending them and floated the idea on social media. Nobody took me up on it. The HT twenty seems to be stuck in no-man’s-land, currently. 

Anyway, my success rate with movements is 0-1. We’ll see where this one goes. 

And I used it in this comment in the NYT, which picked up 3 “recommend” reactions in the two minutes it took between posting and finding it. 
If three more people use it, and then three x three more, and so on, and so on…

5B56C2AC-2BB2-4CCC-8E23-110E4B947F17.png

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, MoseySusan said:

And I used it in this comment in the NYT, which picked up 3 “recommend” reactions in the two minutes it took between posting and finding it. 
If three more people use it, and then three x three more, and so on, and so on…

5B56C2AC-2BB2-4CCC-8E23-110E4B947F17.png

Today I learned how remarkably difficult to locate a NYT article based upon the comments. I tried to bump up your “recommended” count to make you more influential, but could not locate your comment.

• Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Today I learned how remarkably difficult to locate a NYT article based upon the comments. I tried to bump up your “recommended” count to make you more influential, but could not locate your comment.

It’s at 10 reactions now. :mellow: 
This comment is about 35 down the list. I have another, more political comment in there that’s at 16 responses. I didn’t use kitchen window in that one. It’s too ranty to be practical. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/04/business/economy/job-openings-coronavirus.html

1 hour ago, MoseySusan said:

It’s at 10 reactions now. :mellow: 
This comment is about 35 down the list. I have another, more political comment in there that’s at 16 responses. I didn’t use kitchen window in that one. It’s too ranty to be practical. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/04/business/economy/job-openings-coronavirus.html

14. Moving and shaking.