Tuesday is here

Airehead

2 minutes ago, BR46 said:

Woke up to 45° in Florida this morning. It's funny listening to the weatherman complaining on how cold it is this morning. 

Floridians are soft. When my boys were little we took them to Florida and Disney and the place we were staying had a pool. The boys wanted to go swimming in the morning before we went to Disney. While we were in the pool swimming kids were coming out to wait for the bus to take them to school. They were all wearing winter coats.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BR46 said:

Woke up to 45° in Florida this morning. It's funny listening to the weatherman complaining on how cold it is this morning. 

I'm now stuck waiting for the snow we got to melt.  Snow's great when it is falling, and is great when skiing, but pretty much the other 90% of the time, it is just awful having it around.  The weather doesn't look like it will melt it any time soon :(  

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

9 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

When is winter?  When it hits a low of 45?????  Winter "week", maybe???

I'm seeing people all bundled up this morning where in Wisconsin you will see (a few) people walking around in shorts and a T-shirt at 45°

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Late December to early February. I'll maybe have the heat on a few times per year to keep the house above 69. This year has been a bit milder than others. My garden is still able to produce peppers, basil, parsley, and green onions pretty easily. Even the damn grass is still growing; it usually slows down to once a month mowing in November but I'm still hitting it about every 3 weeks right now which is annoying.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1

13 minutes ago, Kirby said:

It's cold here today, but the first sunny day in quite a few. My kitty is enjoying relaxing in the sun.

Oreo spent the night outside last night 17°. He was outside yesterday morning but came back in about noon. Then about the time it got dark he wanted out again. I checked about once an hour to see if he was ready to come back inside but he wasn’t around. At 10:00 pm I opened the door and called last call. He wasn’t around. At seven this morning he was waiting outside the door and I let him in for breakfast. He spent six years outside and I think he misses it living inside in the winter. He has friends that live outside. I don’t know if they are feral or barn cats. I feed them when I see them.

• Heart 2

Smokey is a true barn cat that refuses to come inside. We've tried to bring him inside, but he won't go. I think he is sleeping in the red building in the straw stack. There is enough snow that I can track his comings and goings. He was in a fight a while back and lost most of his left ear, but he is healed up now.

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

41 minutes ago, BR46 said:

I'm seeing people all bundled up this morning where in Wisconsin you will see (a few) people walking around in shorts and a T-shirt at 45°

We see that often my way in the winter months.  We’ll go to the beach & us locals are bundled up but you will see a handful of pasty white people from colder areas walking around in shorts & t shirt (or no shirt) enjoying the warm 62 degrees & getting some Sun.  

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Winter?  Florida actually has 4 seasons. .  Early summer, summer, late summer and next summer.  Of course they all think they are going to die when the temps dip below 60.  I understand that.  In the 2 years I lived in Key West I thought I was going to die when it dipped below 60.  That's the price you pay for being comfortable at 85 deg and 90% humidity.  I used to go down for breakfast in the Residence Inn in a short sleeve shirt only to find the giant fire burning in the great room.  I didn't adjust to FL temps as much that trip as I was still flying home on some weekends.

• Haha 2

Sunny day here, but rising from 20° over a landscape of ice and snow.  It's supposed to reach 37° today (my environmentally friendly ice-melt seems to be working) then 44° and 40° Wed. and Thurs, so we should get a little melting before we get snow again Friday morning.