What Ever Happened To Jsharr's Kia?

Razors Edge

Kia has agreed to replace the engine.  Wife is driving a Kia service loaner.  Son is driving wife’s Jeep Patriot.

When I asked for update last week the service manager informed me that most of the service department was out with Covid .

Eventually we will have a 5 year old Kia with a brand new engine 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

Just now, jsharrwick said:

Kia has agreed to replace the engine.  Wife is driving a Kia service loaner.  Son is driving wife’s Jeep Patriot.

When I asked for update last week the service manager informed me that most of the service department was out with Covid .

Good! I was worried I got the rental and left you without a loaner.  

Probably smart to also place the more experienced driver in the Kia.  

2 hours ago, jsharrwick said:

If my experience is anything to go by, that should leave you with many years of trouble free service. We have had no engine issues with any of our three Kias, and the last one we dealt at eleven years old with over 200,000 km on it.

Aside from a tune up, a couple of brake jobs, one front wheel bearing and regular scheduled maintenance there was nothing. Cooling system, exhaust, starter alternator, air conditioning, never caused a problem and were all still original at trade in time. Heck, we never even had to have the AC recharged.