Do You Need Something Like This?

Razors Edge

6 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I had a plug-in one quite a few years ago. My drinks don't sit long enough to need more heat.

That was my thinking.  I don't like super hot coffee, so I like it to cool.  We have nice insulated travel mugs, but I only use them when not expecting to drink for a while, and even then I take the lid off to get some surface cooling going.

• Heart 1

That electric cup would make really terrible ice coffee!

Recently bought a new Keurig and it had an ice coffee setting. I'm going "Huh...this thing only produces hot water." Turns out it is programed to increase the strength of the brew and decrease the water to accommodate the melted ice.

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

...and at $90???

• Temperature Range From 120°F to 145°F
  • Holds Temperature for 80 Min on a Single Charge or All Day on the Charging Coaster
  • Pairs with the Ember App. iOS and Android Compatible

imageService?profileId=12026540&imageId=

I could have used it when I was a teacher.  I always had a cup of coffee sitting on my desk when I lectured chemistry and physics but the pot was in a common teachers office.

24 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Waiting for my coffee to get cool enough to drink I sometimes forget about it and it gets cold. I drink it anyway.

I am constantly microwaving my coffee. 

The name is snot good because ember emphasizes my fear, that it would somehow burn the place down. 

The heavy ceramic has promise. 

I had a small warming plate for a while but it seemed to heat the cup but not the coffee. 

Lids are good but they kill the smell of the coffee. 

This is like a holy grail for me. :D

I have Yeti with clear plastic top that keeps coffee warm and as a bonus you can still see it through the top, but having the coffee sealed sort of stinks since it squelches both the aroma and the steam rising.  Owl try it again tomorrow for a change.  I have just been using it for water and plain old ceramic for coffee.   

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

FTR, I used the Yeti mug for coffee today and it is still the same unsatisfying experience I remembered it to be. I will go back to uncovered ceramic mainly to get the aroma wafting up my nose as I drink.  

I have a Yeti and similar Walmart knock off that we use for camping - great for soup.  For home, though, not a fan of aluminum or whatever the lip of the mug is made of.