The WFT Will Become WTF On Feb 2nd!

Razors Edge

1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

That’s where I was going to take this thread as well.

What's funny is I had that game on in the background as I was putzing around in the kitchen.  The commentators mentioned some sort of meltdown, and I was like WTF????  I rewound the game and watched what happened.  No idea what set him off. Then or now.  At least post-game Michael Strahan brought it back from "meme-dom" to "this guy has a family and folks who depend on him" seriousness.

Anyway, that was wild.  

7 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

He has CTE. He’s never been the same after Burfict nearly decapitated him. 

Is there a test for CTE that doesn't involve dissection of the brain?  If he has it, and he definitely could, that is tragic for sure.

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Is there a test for CTE that doesn't involve dissection of the brain?  If he has it, and he definitely could, that is tragic for sure.

MRI could show frontal lobe encephalomalacia. I’d bet PET scans would show more functional impairments. I doubt he’d want to get those scans currently, for fear they’d take away his helmet for good. But give it a few years, they’ll be the basis of his lawsuits.

8 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

MRI could show frontal lobe encephalomalacia. I’d bet PET scans would show more functional impairments. I doubt he’d want to get those scans currently, for fear they’d take away his helmet for good. But give it a few years, they’ll be the basis of his lawsuits.

An interesting conundrum.  The NFL - to protect itself from those lawsuits - should require annual scans and beef up concussion/heat trauma efforts, BUT, that hurts in the short term - ie sitting "healthy" players getting big salaries.  Likewise, the NFL players union would NEVER want that in active players for exactly the reason you write - risk of contract loss.  On the flip side, they likely want post-career help as much as possible.