So I just got back from the grocery store

Road Runner

Some items, like orange juice (all fresh juices, actually) and crackers of all types have been wiped off the shelves.  This was true when I went a week ago as well.  I was hoping things would be better, but it is worse.

Also, about a third of the customers were going maskless.  What the hell?  Do these people prefer idiocy to life?  :o

• Sad 2

WF had many empty shelves last night. Produce was just empty. This is likely due to staffing not hoarding  or possibly the truck couldn't get through. It was hard to find vegetables. 

It might be time for me to switch stores. 

I went late so there were very few customers. I still see people wearing the chin diaper. I don't get it. Masks are no longer required. Why not just take it off instead of wearing it around your chin?

The grocery store shelves were empty in the mendo aisle on Christmas eve day. 

Too many darn Mexicans around nowadays. 😆😁😆

• Haha 4

On 1/4/2022 at 4:59 PM, Road Runner said:

Some items, like orange juice (all fresh juices, actually) and crackers of all types have been wiped off the shelves.  This was true when I went a week ago as well.  I was hoping things would be better, but it is worse.

Also, about a third of the customers were going maskless.  What the hell?  Do these people prefer idiocy to life?  :o

Around noon at a very crowded supermarket I got the last bag of frozen veggies for soup and a couple other almost out things. It's 6 pm now and I bet most of the shelves are bare now. Most of the people hadn't shopped since before Monday's 6" snowstorm and a similar one is expected tomorrow.

In the north end of my county, between Baltimore and Annapolis, it's rare to see anyone going into public stores without a mask.

Ever since our governor made a comment on the side during a press conference around Thanksgiving '20, "Just wear the damn mask," and it went viral, it seemed to melt away the last resistance to wearing them.  Other governors have copied the line.

Around noon today, I got out of my car in the supermarket parking lot and started walking toward the store and got a few stares. I had forgotten to put my mask on!  I went back and got it.