I'm in my 30's

Mr. Beanz

30 minutes ago, Mr Beanz said:

All I have is Strava and Facebook.

Technically I have a FB account.  I can't remember the last time I used it.  I may have 11 friends, all family.  They know to email, call or text me if they want to contact me. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Technically I have a FB account.  I can't remember the last time I used it.  I may have 11 friends, all family.  They know to email, call or text me if they want to contact me. 

I think my friends and family message me more on fb than they do texting. 😄

8 hours ago, Mr Beanz said:

With social media type sites, that is. 

I have 35 friends on Strava,  33 on Facebook.  I'm not much into having ten thousand friends who I have no clue who they are. I  keep a small circle of interacting friends. 

All I have is Strava and Facebook. 😄

Is Strava social media :scratchhead:.  Any who,  all I useis Strava.  I have 268 followers. With the exception of several people like some of you, I've ridden with them.

3 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

Is Strava social media :scratchhead:.  Any who,  all I useis Strava.  I have 268 followers. With the exception of several people like some of you, I've ridden with them.

I think so as I get many comments on rides. Exchange kudos with friends,  and able to see what riders are around with the fly by feature. Even have conversations at times with followers. 😉

• Heart 1

12 hours ago, Mr Beanz said:

With social media type sites, that is. 

I have 35 friends on Strava,  33 on Facebook.  I'm not much into having ten thousand friends who I have no clue who they are. I  keep a small circle of interacting friends. 

All I have is Strava and Facebook. 😄

Got me beat on Strava.  On FB, I have 30+ family members, so not sure what my total would be (I rarely use FB).  :)

On Instagram, I follow a bunch of bike and travel and animal stuff, but never post there.  Probably similar to my FB family count, though.

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Got me beat on Strava.  

I would say that 90% of my friends on strava are there because they are friends I know personally and ride with at times.  Most from the trail we ride.  Very few from the forum. 

If it weren't for the personal friends I know. I would have about 5.😃

34 minutes ago, Mr Beanz said:

I think so as I get many comments on rides. Exchange kudos with friends,  and able to see what riders are around with the fly by feature. Even have conversations at times with followers. 😉

I like the fly by, but it now defaults to off.

• Heart 1

18 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I like the fly by, but it now defaults to off.

Yeah, that sucks. I used to see about 100 riders on my rides as far as fly by's. Now I see 10 if I'm lucky. 

Surprisingly not many people know they have to set their fly by on. Not to mention,  not many even know what it is. 🤣

I do understand though why some may not care for it. Too many stalkers on the net.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Beanz said:

Yeah, that sucks. I used to see about 100 riders on my rides as far as fly by's. Now I see 10 if I'm lucky. 

Surprisingly not many people know they have to set their fly by on. Not to mention,  not many even know what it is. 🤣

I do understand though why some may not care for it. Too many stalkers on the net.

Iirc Strava defaulted to off for privacy.  But they should of mentioned it.

3 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

Iirc Strava defaulted to off for privacy.  But they should of mentioned it.

They did mention it several times on the activity feed. Everytime I opened Strava,  maybe 3 months,  there was a message message there pointing out the change.

Heck, I had even copied it and passed it on to several friends and a forum. 😄

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mr Beanz said:

They did mention it several times on the activity feed. Everytime I opened Strava,  maybe 3 months,  there was a message message there pointing out the change.

Heck, I had even copied it and passed it on to several friends and a forum. 😄

Hmmm

11 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Hmmm

As far back October 2020 I was spreading the word in forums and even posted it in my blog back then as well. I  posted on forums, fb, Instagram,  and my blog as well. SCREENSHOT of my blog and date. I didn't post the strava image on this one, though. 

Screenshot_20220105-105135_Chrome.jpg

• Heart 1

I don't post on Facebook very often, but I have a lot of friends on Facebook because I have a very large, extended, close family and I'm a member of a private Facebook page called "I Grew Up in Brooklyn Park, MD" where a lot of high school and community friends post and have become Facebook friends.

• Heart 1

Sounds like I’m the FB whore here! I have family, friends, cycling and running friends, photo friends, some former business clients who became friends. I keep up with friends,Share events. I post a little but not a ton. I mute people when they become a shitshow. 
Strava I only follow people I know. We kudos back and forth. 
Instagram I have around 350 followers. I follow some photographers, musicians, models and a group of people enjoying life over 50. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, shootingstar said:

My blog is enough. And I don't consistently promote it. I've never used  Strava nor I want anyone else  know where I went. Other easier ways of tracking mileage...if I want. 

Again, too many people don't know enough about Strava to use it efficiently. There are plenty of settings on strava that allow you to easily log your mileage without any of the others knowing where or when you rode. 😉 

11 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I call BS on that one. Equally easy? Sure. Easier? I'd love to see it :D

I was going to say that as well. My strava, push 3 buttons,  start, stop, synch. 

It takes more effort hand writing it in a notebook and not nearly as many features like elevation graphs, maps, etc.

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I call BS on that one. Equally easy? Sure. Easier? I'd love to see it :D

I used to have it on my bike spedmeter...which I no longer use.  I'm not  into tracking mileage so closely. Just a general idea is good enough.  Not interesting in elevation graphs, etc. What is important is that cycling needs to be seamless in my lifestyle...so I naturally do it often...and want to do it. Latter one is critical since I need to enjoy it without knowing how good/lousy I am. I can simply tell by where I end up going or how I feel when riding.

1 hour ago, shootingstar said:

I used to have it on my bike spedmeter...which I no longer use.  I'm not  into tracking mileage so closely. 

So your statement of knowing easier ways to log mileage is to "NOT" log mileage. 😄

11 minutes ago, Mr Beanz said:

So your statement of knowing easier ways to log mileage is to "NOT" log mileage. 😄

Yea kinda.   I found myself getting discouraged when my mileage didn't meet a certain year. Of course, that certain year was when I was unemployed, so I was shoving in way more cycling daily for motivation later for job hunting each wk.

• Heart 1