K has an interview with the ER

Dirtyhip

• 2 years later...

Well, I heard a rumor - a rumor mind you - that K got the job in the emergency room and teamed up with other male nurse that he knew.  This other male nurse had a (supposedly) legitimate job running spare body parts stashed in coolers all over the country.  I think they actually set up an LLC and called it Parr-K.  This worked out pretty well because you know how things are so frenetic and crazy in an emergency room, so nobody was going to wonder about an odd missing kidney, or liver, or heart, or something anyway.

Eventually someone got wise, probably from tripping over all the coolers in the emergency room.  Things got pretty dicey when the hospital launched an investigation and called in the US Dept of Health, the CDC, the EPA, the TSA, and the British Association of Organ Grinders.  K's friend quietly left his current job and disappeared into a huge health conglomerate that runs dialysis clinics.  Fortunately for K none of his prints were on the coolers, and all the money he got was laundered through some bike buying/building/racing scheme a member of his family cooked up so none of the cash was traceable.

That's only a rumor...

I heard their slogan was "Parr-K:  the flavor says it's butter."

Edited by LoneWolf

Well, I heard a rumor - a rumor mind you - that K got the job in the emergency room and teamed up with other male nurse that he knew.  This other male nurse had a (supposedly) legitimate job running spare body parts stashed in coolers all over the country.  I think they actually set up an LLC and called it Parr-K.  This worked out pretty well because you know how things are so frenetic and crazy in an emergency room, so nobody was going to wonder about an odd missing kidney, or liver, or heart, or something anyway.

Eventually someone got wise, probably from tripping over all the coolers in the emergency room.  Things got pretty dicey when the hospital launched an investigation and called in the US Dept of Health, the CDC, the EPA, the TSA, and the British Association of Organ Grinders.  K's friend quietly left his current job and disappeared into a huge health conglomerate that runs dialysis clinics.  Fortunately for K none of his prints were on the coolers, and all the money he got was laundered through some bike buying/building/racing scheme a member of his family cooked up so none of the cash was traceable.

That's only a rumor...

I was simply floored by this story.  It must have happened in Boston.

Edited by maddmaxx