Snow this morning...

petitepedal

7 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I'm going shopping to see if there's any food left in the stores, because we're now expecting another snowstorm tomorrow:

I think we'll dodge that down here (luckily), and I am hoping the mid-upper-40s on Sun with rain clears out whatever snow & ice we have now.  

My friends down in Charlottesville got a foot of snow and power outages, so our 3"-4" could have been worse.

Sounds like a perfect way to spend the day!  If you have peacock streaming, you can even watch the junior level events at the national skating championships today. 

But reading a good book while sitting in your comfy chair sounds like a wonderful idea too.

• Heart 1

I managed to find everything I wanted or a good substitute (Dietz and Watson Dill Pickles instead of Claussen, etc.) in the very-crowded supermarket, but I bet there are a lot of empty shelves as people shop today for tomorrow evening's snowstorm. 

I went in for bananas and half and half, remembered I wanted frozen veggies for soup and then caught the panic from the rest of the shoppers - whose large shopping carts were often overflowing.  I ended up spending $70.

I'll make Chicken soup in a few days and want to add frozen veggies for soup for variety.  I looked behind all the frozen peppers and onions, okra, etc. and behind one of the less-popular piles of bags was the last 16 oz. bag of frozen veggies for soup!  That made me smile.

According to the New York Times, there were 37 COVID deaths in Floride on 1/4/22.  Florida stopped reporting COVID case and death information on Nov. 11 and apparently has restarted reporting at least some of it, but there are complaints that the State's school data is lower than and does not match the data released by the school systems.

image.png