How Many Miles Did You DRIVE In 2021?

Razors Edge

I drove across the US in Feb and returned June, so that alone hit my normal 5-6,000 mileage number.  Of course, I split the driving with my wife (the pup didn't volunteer), so I guess that means closer to 3k for that effort.  But CA was a lot of driving, but still, I think my 2021 driving numbers were up from 2020, but down from 2019.  

How about "normal" folks?  Was 2021 and up, down, or average driving year for you?

Me, I think less than 200 miles.  My husband drove about 4000, I think.  2021 was less, cause we didn't travel too much.  We stayed here and toiled as we finished up our custom home. Building a home is a ton of work, even with a contractor.  We did a lot of things ourselves.

My driving consists of using the vehicle to go get groceries.  

• Heart 1

I don't even want to think about it!  I think I av about 25K a year in my f150.  Maybe more?  Last year was up for sure.  We drove to Orlando for her family vacay, outer banks for my fam vacay, back and forth to Georgia for pitching lessons a few times, Colorado and Myrtle for big softball tourneys, and then all of the multiple other places (st louis, cleveland, etc) for our closer softball tourneys.  I haven't added it all up, but I would bet that I was closer to 30 or 35k last year.  It was an insane amount of travel. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Uh...something seems to be missing here :scratchhead:

Yeah those 200 miles on the motorcycle went by fast so he didn't count them.

WoBG and I drove about 12.5K miles in 2021.   That's still down compared to 21K we drove in 2019.

• Haha 1

Pre-pandemic, I'd drive around 10,000 miles a year - a lot of that was commuting.  Not sure how much for 2021, but it was about half that, including a trip to Buffalo that was a chunk of those miles.

I didn't do much driving in my car.  The only out-of-state visit was in my sister's car to visit a cousin in Morristown, NJ and in a rented U-haul van to bring back the kitchen hutch given to my sister.

My last fill-up, on 12/28 gave me 5082 miles for the year - less than half in a normal year.  My car gets about 31 mpg, the rated combined mileage, when I do about 50% expressway/open road driving but last year only averaged 27.3 mpg, showing I did mostly stop-and-go driving on local roads.  I paid an average $2.86/gallon for a total of $532.51 in 2021.  I keep records for my 2013 Honda Fit for fueleconomy.gov and fuelly.com.