The Twelfth day of Christmas

petitepedal

All our decorations are still up, and they'll stay up till probably Saturday at this point.  But we've stopped listening to Christmas music.

We were walking around our neighborhood on December 26th, and spotted a couple trees at the curb.  I just don't get that.

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

All our decorations are still up, and they'll stay up till probably Saturday at this point.  But we've stopped listening to Christmas music.

We were walking around our neighborhood on December 26th, and spotted a couple trees at the curb.  I just don't get that.

They probably bought a real tree and set it up at Thanksgiving and all the needles were falling out of it. Real trees need to set up closer to Christmas so they don’t dry out and lose their needles.

• Heart 2

16 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

Trash on Friday here, so just stripped the tree and it is ready to go. Early for us by a couple weeks, but we also put it up a week early this year.  

The only tree I saw early was a neighbor who moved the next week, so made sense.  But now, for folks who delayed outdoor lights, those are under a layer of snow and ice for at least another week. :(

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

They probably bought a real tree and set it up at Thanksgiving and all the needles were falling out of it. Real trees need to set up closer to Christmas so they don’t dry out and lose their needles.

Many are cut so early that they are already dry and losing needles by the time they are sold. Unless you are going to a cut your own place getting them later doesn't help much.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Trash on Friday here, so just stripped the tree and it is ready to go. Early for us by a couple weeks, but we also put it up a week early this year.  

The only tree I saw early was a neighbor who moved the next week, so made sense.  But now, for folks who delayed outdoor lights, those are under a layer of snow and ice for at least another week. :(

outdoor lights should stay up year around so we can sneak in and turn them on on July 4 and your birthday.  ;)

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

Get a De Havilland Beaver on skis.  That will brighten up your whole winter.

99ba7a84faeb185c9ba828f11509ba63.jpg.393f3c93887181edd8c908649c589e24.jpg

Excuse my French when I say "Fck that!"  BTDT for three winters in NW Ontario and the Arctic.  It loses the appeal when, at -40 degrees, you drag the battery out and drain the oil to heat it for morning because Herman Nelsons are hideously unreliable.  :) 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Excuse my French when I say "Fck that!"  BTDT for three winters in NW Ontario and the Arctic.  It loses the appeal when, at -40 degrees, you drag the battery out and drain the oil to heat it for morning because Herman Nelsons are hideously unreliable.  :) 

I never flew one below about 20f so I don't know about all that other than stories from others.  I have heard your love for those money pits so I thought I would brighten your dull winter day.

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

I never flew one below about 20f so I don't know about all that other than stories from others.  I have heard your love for those money pits so I thought I would brighten your dull winter day.

Now I am having flashbacks of standing outside draining oil with ice pellets and wind exfoliating what skin was uncovered.  It was really bad with the Beech 18 though, sitting on the wing to add the oil.  At least you got out of the wind filling the Beaver. 

• Hugs 1

I packed it all up on Sunday. Or, maybe Saturday. I don’t remember. But, we still have a tin of cookies and some chocolates around. 

mr. gave himself solar-powered landscape lights for Christmas, and they’re beautiful at night! It’s been sunny all day here this week, so the lights are fully charged and stay lit well into the early hours. 

• Heart 1