Oreo looks out for his friends

Longjohn

12 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

He has been spending a lot of time outside. He came in for a bit yesterday afternoon and then wanted to go back outside. He didn’t come back until this morning. I left him in and fed him and after he ate he kept mewing. I went over to see what his problem was and he was looking at the empty food dish out on the deck.i didn’t see any cats around but I took some food out and put in the dish. Oreo stayed outside and a minute later I saw his friend over at the dish eating.

Cats are interesting animals.  Ruthless yet loving.  We're never gonna figure them out fully.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

:needpics:

I’ll try to get some pics of him with his friend. I should have taken one yesterday when they were standing nose to nose. When I open the door she runs away. Over the course of a year she runs less far all the time. Now she usually just goes to the top step about six feet from the food dish and watches me. When I close the door she come right back.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

4 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I’ll try to get some pics of him with his friend. I should have taken one yesterday when they were standing nose to nose. When I open the door she runs away. Over the course of a year she runs less far all the time. Now she usually just goes to the top step about six feet from the food dish and watches me. When I close the door she come right back.

That is exactly what Earl does.  He will sit right at the door while I prepare his food.  I can sit on the floor and almost put a hand on him but for the glass between us but the moment that door moves he is several feet away.  I put his food down and as soon as I start to close the slider he's at the dish.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

That is exactly what Earl does.  He will sit right at the door while I prepare his food.  I can sit on the floor and almost put a hand on him but for the glass between us but the moment that door moves is several feet away.  I put his food down and as soon as I start to close the slider he's at the dish.

Better run, here comes that bad man who feeds me every day.

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Better run, here comes that bad man who feeds me every day.

I've made great strides in getting him to come right up to the door and ask for food.  I almost got to touch him one day but hesitated lest I startle him and bleedalot.  He must have been seriously abused though.  Remember when we first met him he was called smashmouth because his face was quite damaged.  Maybe someday he will accept us as friends as well as an easy touch for food.

• Awesome 1
  • Hugs 2

So today he came in to eat his breakfast (he was out all night) and then he wanted out again. It was 15°. He has been outside all day. Every once in awhile I open the door out onto the deck and ask him if he’s ready to come in. I don’t see him but suspect he isn’t far away. I was just back in the spa room checking the hot tub to make sure the heater is working and I looked out the window onto the deck and there were both cats snuggled up between the two tables that are stacked in the corner of the deck. Oreo must be sleeping outside to keep his friend warm. I have a chair cushion on that bottom table to give them a warmer place to snuggle.

• Heart 4