Jump to content

For Parrot, and anyone that has experience with a spin bike


Dirtyhip
 Share

Recommended Posts

The smoke has been gradually getting worse and worse each year.  Add to the fact that some days it is just way too hot, unless I got out at like 6 am.  I am possibly going to buy a Proform or Peleton machine.  I was wondering how you are feeling about this experience.  Any regrets?  Problems.

For the naysayers ...  I love to ride outside and do so, as much as I can.  There are issues that are preventing my outdoor enjoyment certain times of the year.  It is what it is.  They have yoga classes too, as my local studio closed.  Boo  

I should have bought SW's kicker.  But then we need to take bikes on and off of it. :dontknow:

Skiing has been great for exercise, if we have snow. That is hit or miss.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you like spin classes? That's Peloton all the way.

Do you like simulated riding - picking a place like Alpe d'Huez and giving it a relative realistic shot? That's the Wahoo/smart trainer and Zwift.  

If you like racing against "friends", that's also Zwift.

If you just like watching a movie and sweating, that's a regular turbo trainer :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Razors Edge said:

Do you like spin classes? That's Peloton all the way.

Do you like simulated riding - picking a place like Alpe d'Huez and giving it a relative realistic shot? That's the Wahoo/smart trainer and Zwift.  

If you like racing against "friends", that's also Zwift.

If you just like watching a movie and sweating, that's a regular turbo trainer :)

Thanks.  Proform has that simulation too, or so I think. 

So sad that the outdoor environment experience has been ruined within my lifetime.  It is getting so bad that you can't really even be outside much in Summer.  Dang.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Indoor training for the cheap: buy a used Smart trainer and a second hand bike to set up on the trainer. Zwift has more options for training styles than a subscription class $40/month right now. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

Thanks.  Proform has that simulation too, or so I think. 

So sad that the outdoor environment experience has been ruined within my lifetime.  It is getting so bad that you can't really even be outside much in Summer.  Dang.

That does suck big time :(

Hopefully it is not a regular thing, and there are just good (many) or bad (rare) years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

That does suck big time :(

Hopefully it is not a regular thing, and there are just good (many) or bad (rare) years.

Regular as in almost every year for the last 8 or so?  We had one good summer.  

These days it is not "Will it be bad?" it is "How bad will it be?"   It is every summer now.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Indoor training for the cheap: buy a used Smart trainer and a second hand bike to set up on the trainer. Zwift has more options for training styles than a subscription class $40/month right now. 

Thanks.  You really think I need another bike?  :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I absolutely love my NordicTrack treadmill, in particular, the iFit software / classes.

I would not hesitate to get their top end bike.

I knew you would support this decision.  LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Regular as in almost every year for the last 8 or so?  We had one good summer.  

These days it is not "Will it be bad?" it is "How bad will it be?"   It is every summer now.

...I've been losing about a month of summer/fall riding in the bad years.  More in the worst years.  I ride more than I used to in the suckass, rainy winter weather now, but it really doesn't make up for it. :(  But I just cannot make the leap to an indoor trainer.  Fortunately, I'm old and don't need to exercise as much as you do to maintain what's left. :)

But I don't see how you are going to schralp on one of those things.  You'll need to buy a trampoline as well.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Page Turner said:

...I've been losing about a month of summer/fall riding in the bad years.  More in the worst years.  I ride more than I used to in the suckass, rainy winter weather now, but it really doesn't make up for it. :(  But I just cannot make the leap to an indoor trainer.  Fortunately, I'm old and don't need to exercise as much as you do to maintain what's left. :)

But I don't see how you are going to schralp on one of those things.  You'll need to buy a trampoline as well.

Yeah, pretty boring compared to my usual workouts on the bike.  The excitement is real.

  • Hugs 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I knew you would support this decision.  LOL

I greatly prefer riding outside, but if that's not a good choice for you, do what is.

I vastly prefer to run inside.  The treadmill has bounce, better for my joints, and it keeps me entertained.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...