Does This Photo Annoy You?

Razors Edge

2 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

No. What's wrong with it:dontknow:

Got me!  But it does:

It’s also riling people up, at least on social media. On his popular Instagram and Twitter accounts, Anish K. Mitra, 33, a former investment banker in Los Angeles, has been churning out mocking memes and reactions to Mr. Bezos on his yacht. Mr. Mitra pointed out the dissonance between Mr. Bezos’ flashy social media accounts and what most folks worldwide are experiencing due to new Covid restrictions as Omicron cases rise: “He’s living his best life at a time when most people are living their worst, and I think that’s rubbing people the wrong way,” he said. 

That might explain why so many of the over-8,000 comments on Mr. Bezos’ New Year’s Instagram post are negative. While some followers call out the tightness of his pants and the mogul’s resemblance to the rapper Pitbull, others evoke Amazon’s treatment of workers and the environment. Mr. Mitra conceded that some of the vitriol might be provoked by factors bigger than Mr. Bezos alone. “I don’t know if it’s so much him as a general mistrust of the elite.”

• Heart 1
  • Whatever 1
  • Awesome 1

7 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Got me!  But it does:

It’s also riling people up, at least on social media. On his popular Instagram and Twitter accounts, Anish K. Mitra, 33, a former investment banker in Los Angeles, has been churning out mocking memes and reactions to Mr. Bezos on his yacht. Mr. Mitra pointed out the dissonance between Mr. Bezos’ flashy social media accounts and what most folks worldwide are experiencing due to new Covid restrictions as Omicron cases rise: “He’s living his best life at a time when most people are living their worst, and I think that’s rubbing people the wrong way,” he said. 

That might explain why so many of the over-8,000 comments on Mr. Bezos’ New Year’s Instagram post are negative. While some followers call out the tightness of his pants and the mogul’s resemblance to the rapper Pitbull, others evoke Amazon’s treatment of workers and the environment. Mr. Mitra conceded that some of the vitriol might be provoked by factors bigger than Mr. Bezos alone. “I don’t know if it’s so much him as a general mistrust of the elite.”

Pretty much sums it up.  Lack of modesty from the elite, as most people struggle.  It doesn't sit well, as they flaunt their cake.

7 minutes ago, Further said:

I have to admit, this is the first I've seen this image. So I guess it's not very high on my list...

To be sure, we don't identify you as a popular Instagram and Twitter influencer nor are you a former investment banker (are you?), so you're not our go to for pop culture references.

• Heart 1

No. I guess they’re having fun and celebrating a new year. The photo doesn’t drive me crazy. 
The choices Bezos makes about labor practices and about philanthropy or best possible (utilitarian) use of his gross amount of wealth, however, give me pause. Not full-on crazy. But joyless.

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, MoseySusan said:

No. I guess they’re having fun and celebrating a new year. The photo doesn’t drive me crazy. 
The choices Bezos makes about labor practices and about philanthropy or best possible (utilitarian) use of his gross amount of wealth, however, give me pause. Not full-on crazy. But joyless.

Agreed.

It doesn't drive me crazy personally.  I could see how for many it would be distasteful.  

This man could do so much with his vast wealth to better the world. 

14 hours ago, Further said:

I have to admit, this is the first I've seen this image. So I guess it's not very high on my list...

same.  

I really don't GAF.  He's got more cash than he knows what to do with.  Spend it homie.  Have a great time.

• Heart 2

14 hours ago, jsharrwick said:

That chick has her hooks in and it will take 8 figures to get them out.

So is that cheap?  His last relationship got what, 11 figures?  8 figures to him is like $100 to you and me. That's less than Robert Kraft was paying regularly!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

So is that cheap?  His last relationship got what, 11 figures?  8 figures to him is like $100 to you and me. That's less than Robert Kraft was paying regularly!

Sort of like the joke about father teaching son about the difference between theory and reality?

4 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Do ya'll treat other people's girlfriends this way?

I don’t have a girlfriend.

He travels in a different world where prenups and settlements exist.   

It must suck to wonder if people like you or your money.  And sadly jealousy and envy exist 

The picture does not bother me but when you see older wealthy men with women decades younger, the jokes will come.  More power to Bezos

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jsharrwick said:

I don’t have a girlfriend.

He travels in a different world where prenups and settlements exist.   

It must suck to wonder if people like you or your money.  And sadly jealousy and envy exist 

The picture does not bother me but when you see older wealthy men with women decades younger, the jokes will come.  More power to Bezos

I'm old enough to remember this (and I don't think she got tons from the estate. either???):

smith-marshall-resized.jpg

3 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Nice boat.  I wonder how much that pumped into the economy.

You can bet the builder was happy.  A lot of shipyards go under.  Not because they operate on thin margins but because the work can be scarce.  Companies like Nordhavn flirt with insolvency fairly regularly. 

3 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Your social media influencers need to get a life.

It seems they choose that life - from former investment banker to popular Instagram and Twitter influencer.  Can you imagine that career shift?  Is that "pump and dump" replaced by "pump and vacation"?

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

I'm old enough to remember this (and I don't think she got tons from the estate. either???):

smith-marshall-resized.jpg

I used to drive through Mexia, Texas on a regular basis going back and forth to College Station from Dallas.  Drove right past the chicken restuarant she worked at.  If only I had known, and was 40 years older and a billionaire.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I hate the look of junk rigs but it is a simple sail system to operate. 

Agreed, but just does not seem right.  When you get to that size, the loads on the lines must be inconceivable.  At least it is not as bad as Sailing Yacht A.  Stupid name, ugly as sin.  Just goes to show you, unlike Bezos, not all billionaires have taste.  It looks like a MacGregor 26X on steroids 

Photo: Sailing Yacht A cruising | SuperYacht Times

Just now, jsharrwick said:

Agreed, but just does not seem right.  When you get to that size, the loads on the lines must be inconceivable.  At least it is not as bad as Sailing Yacht A.  Stupid name, ugly as sin.  Just goes to show you, unlike Bezos, not all billionaires have taste.  It looks like a MacGregor 26X on steroids 

Photo: Sailing Yacht A cruising | SuperYacht Times

That is a truly horrible looking yacht.

• Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, jsharrwick said:

I used to drive through Mexia, Texas on a regular basis going back and forth to College Station from Dallas.  Drove right past the chicken restuarant she worked at.  If only I had known, and was 40 years older and a billionaire.

She had a short window of greatness.  After that, I think she had a lot of challenges that were not easy on her.  I wonder if she regretted that whole time of her life and would have been better just being a "normal" Playmate and not the wild ride that led eventually to her death.