Jump to content

Anybody else feel kinda guilty being on the forum without Cheese?


Randomguy
 Share

Recommended Posts

It certainly would be BETTER with him still here - even when he ignored us - but I don't have guilt.  More sadness as I never really knew much about him :(  My loss, but infinitely less than all the folks here and IRL who did know him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Old No. 7 said:

I’m playing some Cheese music right now. Trio, a two vinyl album of songs by Dolly Parton, EmmyLou Harris, and Linda Rondstat. It’s a feel good time. 

 

I was thinking more like the Partridge Family :dontknow:

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

It is hard..I was in touch with him several times a day that last week+ encouraging him to see a doctor, rest, eat and take meds..and just checking up on him.  As bad as I feel..I think he passed knowing we truly cared.

:(

That makes it feel a little like webbie’s demise. Sort of slipped through our fingers. There is snot a lot you can do remotely. :(  Thanks for being there for him petite.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

It certainly would be BETTER with him still here - even when he ignored us - but I don't have guilt.  More sadness as I never really knew much about him :(  My loss, but infinitely less than all the folks here and IRL who did know him.

I was enjoying getting to know him at a slug’s pace but I essentially agree with this comment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, petitepedal said:

It is hard..I was in touch with him several times a day that last week+ encouraging him to see a doctor, rest, eat and take meds..and just checking up on him.  As bad as I feel..I think he passed knowing we truly cared.

:(

Thank you for the heads up on this, too.  I generally would text with him every few weeks or so, but hadn’t been in touch with him since December 8th until you told me about the diagnosis.   I sent him some RO pics and had a chance to make him laugh a little bit before he passed because of you.  
 

Thank you. 

  • Like 3
  • Hugs 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

At first I was reluctant to post at all, but then I started thinking about Hank and how bad he would feel if his death drove us away from the forum.  He would want us to come closer and be better.  I have already received messages from other members that further confirm this belief.

Sometimes we, or at least I, think this is a place to come and let loose a bit.  Either create a persona that most can see through, or stay a bit more secretive and still have a place to off load emotions, or act a fool, or whatever.

So I decided I would keep on posting the way I have in the past, except I will try to stay away from parodies.  Have not posted one in quite some time.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jsharrwick said:

At first I was reluctant to post at all, but then I started thinking about Hank and how bad he would feel if his death drove us away from the forum.  He would want us to come closer and be better.  I have already received messages from other members that further confirm this belief.

Sometimes we, or at least I, think this is a place to come and let loose a bit.  Either create a persona that most can see through, or stay a bit more secretive and still have a place to off load emotions, or act a fool, or whatever.

So I decided I would keep on posting the way I have in the past, except I will try to stay away from parodies.  Have not posted one in quite some time.

So now you are like gene wilder in blazing saddles, a washed up parr8yest with the shakes. :(

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...I had a Jewish mother, and I went through twelve years of Catholic school. You don't even know what guilt is, you poseur. :flirtyeyess:

 Say five our fathers and seven oy veys.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...