Jump to content

IPhone 13


MoseySusan
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Airehead said:

gift to yourself?

My previous phone was only three years old, but the backside glass was seriously cracked. I don’t know how. It was in an OtterBox case, so I didn’t even notice until I was looking at my lenses and saw a lot of cracks. It was smashed to powder when I finally took the case off. 
Still, I was able to trade up to a 13 for a little more than the deductible on a replacement. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

I guess my 6 S plus is getting waaay out of date, but it still does everything I need it to do.

My MiL uses my old 6. I’m not sure which iOS she’s using, though. She uses it to call, text, and sync her Fitbit. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rattlecan said:

I guess my 6 S plus is getting waaay out of date, but it still does everything I need it to do.

That is what I had with the battery degraded to 79% and knew I needed a new phone. Did the jockeying around between ATT and T-Mobile and got them to buy me a new iPhone 12 for free with a little extra in my pocket even after buying an 8 off eBay ($100) to trade in for credit ($830) on the new phone 12 ($830), then sold the 6S to Gazelle. Will have to wait until the 14's come out as halfway through T-Mobile doling out the $830 as a monthly credit offsetting the monthly payment for the phone. Hopefully they have the same deal then and will roll to the 14. Did the same thing with my wife's SE (original) to new SE as she like the smaller form factor.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm on an 11 because the 5 I had finally didn't meet the security requirements at work.   I never really used my 5 for much, but I' use the current phone a lot for texts, pictures and checking work email. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

6 here.  Insta drains my battery.  The battery is in sad shape.  It is slow too, but cheap.

Believe it or not, apple battry replacement is just $40, not sure aboot shipping but at the apple store would be we good. At least it was a few months ago before the hyper inflation took root. I had mine replaced when the phone was handed down to me with a special they had a few years ago where it was aboot that too. Now years later it is down to 84% efficiency so keeping it charged requires some dedication. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Kirby said:

I'm on an 11 because the 5 I had finally didn't meet the security requirements at work.   I never really used my 5 for much, but I' use the current phone a lot for texts, pictures and checking work email. 

I have the old XR and it keeps ticking right along.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

Believe it or not, apple battry replacement is just $40, not sure aboot shipping but at the apple store would be we good. At least it was a few months ago before the hyper inflation took root. I had mine replaced when the phone was handed down to me with a special they had a few years ago where it was aboot that too. Now years later it is down to 84% efficiency so keeping it charged requires some dedication. 

Yep.  Easy peasy for them too. In and out of the store.  Our store is closed for Omicron though.  Apple's challenge is that the phones do last and last and last.  And, considering my Mom happily uses her iPhone and iPad for all her phone, internet, and other electronic device needs, its increasingly difficult not to just tell folks "Get an Apple and keep things simple."

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Yep.  Easy peasy for them too. In and out of the store.  Our store is closed for Omicron though.  Apple's challenge is that the phones do last and last and last.  And, considering my Mom happily uses her iPhone and iPad for all her phone, internet, and other electronic device needs, its increasingly difficult not to just tell folks "Get an Apple and keep things simple."

I am trying to talk my mom into an iPhone SE but she is resisting. She thinks it will be too complicated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Philander Seabury said:

I am trying to talk my mom into an iPhone SE but she is resisting. She thinks it will be too complicated. 

Versus what?  At some point, any electronic device can be tough to see or operate depending on various physical issues, but if she is fine with her eyesight and manual dexterity, an iPhone sure is "easy".  Likewise, Siri helps for a lot of actions.  But, if coming from a regular house phone? That's not as easy of a leap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I am trying to talk my mom into an iPhone SE but she is resisting. She thinks it will be too complicated. 

It's not really.  The learning curve was a bit tough for me coming over from a cheap Android because things are done differently on the Apple.  After figuring out the system however it's really an easy and much better phone to use.  Of course that may be just because it's much newer tech than my old LG.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Versus what?  At some point, any electronic device can be tough to see or operate depending on various physical issues, but if she is fine with her eyesight and manual dexterity, an iPhone sure is "easy".  Likewise, Siri helps for a lot of actions.  But, if coming from a regular house phone? That's not as easy of a leap.

Coming from an ancient flip phone, and versus the Lively, the new name for Jitterbug.  She is just basically tech-averse, but she is fine once you get her set up.  She found a local computer place that does well with computer upgrades for her when she needs them, like from 7 to 10 fairly recently.  Her eyesight and manual dexterity are good for her age.

As I get older and crankier, I appreciate the Apple simplicity more and more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Coming from an ancient flip phone, and versus the Lively, the new name for Jitterbug.  She is just basically tech-averse, but she is fine once you get her set up.  She found a local computer place that does well with computer upgrades for her when she needs them, like from 7 to 10 fairly recently.  Her eyesight and manual dexterity are good for her age.

As I get older and crankier, I appreciate the Apple simplicity more and more.

But, does she need a phone or a phone plus computer?

If she just needs a phone - Lively/Jitterbug is the winner.  KISS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

But, does she need a phone or a phone plus computer?

If she just needs a phone - Lively/Jitterbug is the winner.  KISS.

Really just the ability to share pictures which she can;t do on her flip phone.  Messaging would probably be good too, but I guess a Lively can do that as well as an Apple?  Right, she doesn't really need all the other stuff so much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Really just the ability to share pictures which she can;t do on her flip phone.  Messaging would probably be good too, but I guess a Lively can do that as well as an Apple?  Right, she doesn't really need all the other stuff so much.

Lively has a "smart" phone and a classic flip phone. If not going the flip route, the Apple is definitely a better option than the Lively smart phone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Lively has a "smart" phone and a classic flip phone. If not going the flip route, the Apple is definitely a better option than the Lively smart phone.

Does the classic flip send and receive pictures easily?  Something like Facetime might be a nice thing to have.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Does the classic flip send and receive pictures easily?  Something like Facetime might be a nice thing to have.

I'd hate looking at a flip phone for photos.  If she has a laptop/computer, then she could view a photo there, but if not, a flipphone would be less than optimal.  

A different option - there are many options - is something like a network connect smart photo frame.  Instead of texting her phone, you shoot photos directly to her digital photo frame.

Or an iPad.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

I'd hate looking at a flip phone for photos.  If she has a laptop/computer, then she could view a photo there, but if not, a flipphone would be less than optimal.  

A different option - there are many options - is something like a network connect smart photo frame.  Instead of texting her phone, you shoot photos directly to her digital photo frame.

Or an iPad.

Email almost does the trick for pictures, but we always have to go out of our way to remember to email pictures to her instead of texting them.  Just a minor inconvenience. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Email almost does the trick for pictures, but we always have to go out of our way to remember to email pictures to her instead of texting them.  Just a minor inconvenience. 

I like on an iPad (or Mac), anything texted to the iPhone also goes to the iPad/Mac.  Way easier to interact with photos and texts on a iPad or Mac.  

The Apple eco-system is pretty great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a 12, upgraded from an 8 (or maybe a 7) a few months ago. It is a work phone, I try to go ~3 years & upgrade to the 1 generation older model. I was getting ready to trade in the last one when I noticed the screen was cracked. It was in a LifeProof case, but it looked like it took a pointed  impact to the lower left corner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...